• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Going to Friendship for the first time, anything I should know ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the morning there today. Saw percussion caps,musket caps etc.. Bought some musket caps and .570 balls for my Zouave.. Both kinds of caps around a little more than 11.00 dollars. Lots of people,lots of shooting. Love to hear the report of muzzleloaders in the valley. Beautiful day!

We had a great time ! Wife did great, real trooper, even after the long walk from the legion parking lot. I picked up some odds and ends like flints, ramrod adaptor, patch tin, etc. Also got a leather possible bag from the booth with the elderly couple with all the leather goods and a $40 tomahawk with cover just because, Daughter got her some neckleses and a leather pouch and wife got herself a bottle of local made green apple wine from the booth on the end. Saw a lot of CCI 11 caps going for $15, crazy I know but if you rally needed some they were there. Had a great time looking at all the rifles and crafts and talking to vendors.

All in all it was a good day, except the worst traffic in my life ! 45 mins to go 2 miles ! We left about 3pm and it was still backed up 2 to 3 miles, insane ! We got there around 9am but all parking was full so we had to circle back around in bumper to bumper traffic, and hope a lot opened back up. I blame the flea market for it, what a joke. We'll go again for sure, but plan to get there much earlier . Carry on friends.

We'll go again for sure, but plan to get there much earlier . Carry on friends.
Glad you had good time. YES, one has to get there early. The traffic is crazy all day long!
If you need something for a BP gun or accessories, it can be found there somewhere.
I was there yesterday too:

She's okay as long as she can sit down and take "breaks" every hour or so. Not sure if there is places to sit, so might bring a folding chair. Our daughter is coming too, so she can help out.

Time to invest in one of those spiffy compact folding electric buggies, methinks. The heat and the fairly rough terrain together will not be helpish. We've been wheelchair pushers for our now 42-y/o daughter for almost 35 years, and have grown old trying to cope with it all. Her next chair will have built-in mini-batteries to help us negotiate the often medieval layout towns in this country, with their lack of dropped kerbs and lunar landscape sidewalks.

Glad you had good time. YES, one has to get there early. The traffic is crazy all day long!
If you need something for a BP gun or accessories, it can be found there somewhere.
I was there yesterday too:

I had deja vu watching you in traffic, the lots were full so we had no choice but to circle back around in that long line for another 45 mins or so. Still worth it, had a great time, lots to see and do. Lots of friendly people too. I'm glad I held off on my TOW order as I found all I needed and then some.

I just have gotten lucky Saturday. Drove in around 930am with only 5 vehicles in front of me. I left at 2pm and there was 3 miles of cars waiting to get in on Friendship road. I'm glad I went and got to look at everything. Might go another day since I'm only 2 hours away. Definitely will camp a night next year and take my time walking around and watch some shooting.

I just have gotten lucky Saturday. Drove in around 930am with only 5 vehicles in front of me. I left at 2pm and there was 3 miles of cars waiting to get in on Friendship road. I'm glad I went and got to look at everything. Might go another day since I'm only 2 hours away. Definitely will camp a night next year and take my time walking around and watch some shooting.
You’ll have another chance in September!👍

The National Shoot at Friendship …👍

4D74F2A8-1F7E-4839-B6CF-1EEDA06CE0DA.jpeg

Do they always check for a membership card at the booth when walking into the for sale barns area? I had been in there since 10am. Wled up the hill to buy powder. Walked back in and the lady in the booth asked if I had a member id or something she could see.

Excellent!

This will probably turn into my bi-annual thing to so since there are no more Knob Creek machine gun shoots.

I really enjoyed my first visit to Friendship.
I truly enjoyed my trip to Friendship. To bad I've only had the posibility once back in 2004. As i am in Norway the distamce is great and life has been to busy. Perhaps I get the posibility to go again as retierment is closing in?

Do they always check for a membership card at the booth when walking into the for sale barns area? I had been in there since 10am. Wled up the hill to buy powder. Walked back in and the lady in the booth asked if I had a member id or something she could see.
Yes, you can shop the sheds as a non member of the nmlra but costs you $5 entry fee. Your membership allows you to enter as you please free. she asks even if you drive in and asks if all in the vehicle are members of the nmlra. Nice lady by the way.

Yes, you can shop the sheds as a non member of the nmlra but costs you $5 entry fee. Your membership allows you to enter as you please free. she asks even if you drive in and asks if all in the vehicle are members of the nmlra. Nice lady by the way.
Sounds good! I didn't know that. She was nice, not rude at all. I just wondered why I was stopped but wasn't stopped the first time. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back