• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jim & Barbie Chambers Where Are You?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be as transparent as possible, we are looking at multiple solutions. We are looking at a variance to the flood map, alternate construction methods, alternate locations, and political remedies. All of these things take time and money, and share the demands on the associations time and finances with hundreds of other issues that have just as much importance. So please keep in mind that a solution may not happen quickly, but at least I can say that it is being considered and efforts are underway.
Couple of ariel shots. Tips shop is above the water line and the ranges but pretty much everyrhing else has some water including the office target shack.

Attachments

• 204193520_4396142180425637_7777144347851584503_n.jpg
    204193520_4396142180425637_7777144347851584503_n.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 63524971_2322106771230518_5204222871974445056_n.jpg
    63524971_2322106771230518_5204222871974445056_n.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Resized_20210621_124715(1).jpeg
    Resized_20210621_124715(1).jpeg
    700.7 KB · Views: 0
The NMLRA sent out a form that releases the NMLRA from any and all liability for any and all happenings inside or outside of the renters booth. That means if that delapitaded assortment of junk falls down, the booth renters are liable and get sued by anyone who is killed or maimed.
I used to rent a booth down there for many years, but no way would I do it now.
The NMLRA has been taken over by a litigious bunch of ninnys that do nothing but cover their asses
You all do realize they hired a full-time director again? I don't know what he's paid but the last one made over 100K. This bunch doesn't have a pot to piss in but has plenty money to pay lawyers and executives. What a joke.
Sadly, that's the way it is now. Too many legalistic types looking for ways to make money. Its always about the money!

The site has had flooding issues for decades. Major flooding over 25 years ago almost wiped the NMLRA out when they had to refund camping fees, which is why they don't give refunds any more.

There has been plenty of time to resolve flooding issues. Buildings could have been relocated, the site redesigned.

Geez, the idea of their setting up the 1-of-1000 fund was to generate interest to improve and sustain the Club. Hope that pans out!
If I read things right, it was only started a couple of years ago and likely hasn't hit full funding yet. Once it does, it will take a while for any interest to generate enough funds for improving anything.

I think I saw were they were closing in on their goal,,,,.
I'm not sure what that money will be used for,,,,but I didn't think it was intended for grounds maintenance,.

The 1 of 1000 was intended to generate a 1 million dollar fund, of which the interest would be available to fund other projects. Currently a portion of the interest is being used to pay the invoices from the Pittman Robertson Grant. Once the project concludes, the 1 of 1000 account will be refunded the total amount set aside for the project. This allows the association to maintain operating funds and limit the up's and down's of our finances. The board of directors has total control of this money, and what it is used for.

So they're using Endowment funds to pay Pittman grants. What project is that funding, and just how is the 1/1000 Endowment going to be reimbursed? Sounds odd to me...

From an earlier thread on the NMLRA:
Pittman Robertson grant entered into between NMLRA and INDNR. Promoted as '90/10 match, NMLRA only needs to provide 10% to update range.'

Documents with INDNR say "up to 90%", INDNR decides on the amount they will fund AFTER money is spent. This news causes more irritation among members. Members want say in what the projects are, Pittman Robertson committee declines. Offers single meeting to go over decided on upgrades, offers changes from member feedback.

Board member under investigation by Indiana state police remains on pittman robertson committee.
Then later in the same post...
May 2021

Bylaws published in magazine, Bylaw (A) not present, Bylaws 1, 2 present. Bylaws 1,2 to be voted on before bylaw A. Note: If bylaw 2 passes, bylaw A is null and void.

(Source: Membership Meeting — The NMLRA)

Magazine editor tells several members President restricted printing of Bylaw A. President presents "legal concerns". Bylaw amended by lawyer and submitting member June 2021, edited version appears in July 2021 magazine.

Members asking questions about money, police investigations, pittman robertson plans under "ethics investigation"

Sometime around here: Pittman Robertson committee finds personal work of committee chair billed to INDNR. INDNR paid. committee chair reimburses NMLRA.
Seems the NMLRA has a history of questionable practices on several levels. Committee members won't say where funds are going? Chairman has *personal* work done? How many have donated, thinking their money was going one place, only to have it diverted by robbing Peter to pay Paul?

So they're using Endowment funds to pay Pittman grants. What project is that funding, and just how is the 1/1000 Endowment going to be reimbursed? Sounds odd to me...

From an earlier thread on the NMLRA:

Then later in the same post...

Seems the NMLRA has a history of questionable practices on several levels. Committee members won't say where funds are going? Chairman has *personal* work done? How many have donated, thinking their money was going one place, only to have it diverted by robbing Peter to pay Paul?
This robbing Peter to pay Paul analogy is incorrect. The endowment funds are "paying" the bills then they are reimbursed from the grant. In the end the interest money spent used is returned to the endowment. The endowment will have 100% of the interest funds it started with before this project. The 10% is funded by the NMLRA and not from the 1 of 1000 endowment although if the board agreed, it is legal, and a good business practice to use this interest to pay the 10% matching funds. As I said before this method keeps the association fluid and timely in paying the grant bills.

I know that the NMLRA has taken a black eye in the past. Deserved or not is not for me to say. I cannot say how things were ran before, but I can attest to things now.

Let me share with everyone where the funds are going and have went.
Range improvements - if you have visited recently it is clear where the money is, however here is a list. Trap range; concrete, building update, covered areas, viewing areas, trap houses, lighting. Skeet range; lighting and throwers. Rifle Line; Range expansion, target frames, earthwork, concrete work, berm work, building updates. Knife & Hawk range; range building update, range safety, spectator area. Woodswalk; tree clearing, building update, Scoring room; building update. Flooding corrections, ADA parking areas, Targets. I'm sure I am forgetting something. The largest individual chunk is the new restroom shower facility,

No one has used the Pittman Robertson money for personal use, if I had to directly comment on "Chairman has "personal" work done" it would most likely be that the chairman and whomever made the statement, had different ideas of what range improvements needed to be made and the chairman was likely accused of funding their NMLRA range project over the other.

I invite all members to be present at the Membership, and Board meetings in September, as it is the only way to get true first hand information. Everything else is speculation and rumor.

Back