• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Going to Friendship for the first time, anything I should know ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good! I didn't know that. She was nice, not rude at all. I just wondered why I was stopped but wasn't stopped the first time. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it!
Get there before 8am and the guard is just getting there. šŸ˜ other times may go on break or other assignments.

If someone was wanting to shoot in competition, what class or rifle would be a good choice? Grab something out of the rifle cabinet or build a class specific rifle? Chunk guns and bench guns interest me the most.

Get a program from the shoot.
It should have all the matches listedā€¦
It sound like you maybe looking at light bench shooting as a start..That shouldnā€™t require a ā€œ special rifleā€.

Then thereā€™s always the primitive side where things go at a slower pace..Shoot the woods walk & Kings Mountain or many of the other matches offered.šŸ‘

The NMLRA website should have the match information as well.

Get a program from the shoot.
It should have all the matches listedā€¦
It sound like you maybe looking at light bench shooting as a start..That shouldnā€™t require a ā€œ special rifleā€.

Then thereā€™s always the primitive side where things go at a slower pace..Shoot the woods walk & Kings Mountain or many of the other matches offered.šŸ‘

The NMLRA website should have the match information as well.
Thanks! Just downloaded the PDF from their website.

If someone was wanting to shoot in competition, what class or rifle would be a good choice? Grab something out of the rifle cabinet or build a class specific rifle? Chunk guns and bench guns interest me the most.
An old book but full of great information still pertinent today. May still be available from the NMLRA. Don't neglect to check out the slug guns!

Attachments

• 9780960642809.jpg
    9780960642809.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 0
Be prepared for a great time & meet some nice folks !!!

I haven't been to Friendship since the 80s & moved back to Idaho.
Below is a photo of old friends Larry Stinson who for decades had the silversmith booth @ Friendship & Art Ressel. Many forum members will recall Art had a great collection of original Hawken rifles.
Larry was a great craftsman & long time friend who has since passed.

Larry Stinson on L, me R--Art Ressel on R me L.

Attachments

• Pictures from Iphone 1271.jpg
    Pictures from Iphone 1271.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Pictures from Iphone 1253.jpg
    Pictures from Iphone 1253.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Back