• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

more braggin rights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadeye

54 Cal.
Reaction score
This yr. at the Beaver Creek rondy there was only room for 1 set of targets for pistol and rifle which made some of them very long for a pistol.
The last target was a small oxygen cylinder, black with a yellow strip around the center at what i figured was over 200 yds. I had never shot
my single shot .45 muzzleloader pistol over 100 yds. so I put in a double charge, held just over the top of it
and "bong", everyone ran over, grabed me , hugged me saying My gosh you hit it. Turned out it was 250 yds. No one else hit it. I had 6 hits out of 8 targets, 2nd place had 2 hits, many had none, it was a tough match, I was pumped, best pistol shot I ever made. I wasn't there for the rifle shoot next day but I heard that no one hit it with the rifle, I was even more pumped.This was standing offhand.
Deadeye

Sorry but i put this in the wrong place, my pistol wasn't a smoothbore. Thanks for the :thumbsup:
Deadeye

There ya go. Fixed it.

Even with a rifled bore that's a heck of a good shot with any pistol. :thumbsup: :bow:
Grats on the first place too. :hatsoff:

You may have posted in the wrong place but you gave it the right title for sure! :hatsoff:

Thanks, pards, and if shooting at that distance wasn't enough of a challenge for young eyes, I'll be "80" in Nov. so I'll brag about that too.
Deadeye

Congratulations and excellent shooting! I responded to a post on another ml forum recently about accurate long range pistol shooting. One member made a "friendly" reply expressing his disbelief. Once you learn how to sight properly and put in the range time its amazing how consistantly you can hit targets at long range with a handgun.

Back