• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

December 2022 Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freedom475,

That .58 round ball punches some nice big holes in the target! Nice looking Colonial too! I should be getting my SMR kit in the next week and hope to be able to shoot the January match with it.

Freedom475,

That .58 round ball punches some nice big holes in the target! Nice looking Colonial too! I should be getting my SMR kit in the next week and hope to be able to shoot the January match with it.
Thank you Fly. You sure posted a nicely shot target!

On the harder to see targets I've noticed that some of my highest scores have been shot by simply firing at the middle of the page.. and then walk up and see how I've done. Hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Fly. You sure posted a nicely shot target!

On the harder to see targets I've noticed that some of my highest scores have been shot by simply firing at the middle of the page.. and then walk up and see how I've done. Hahaha

Thanks!

I get lucky sometimes:D. Despite missing the top of one completely I actually found the christmas tree tops the easiest to line up on, "aim small miss small" applies and my eye seemed to like to focus on that small point. The mooses (meese?) were an exercise in frustration for some reason, perhaps making them life size would have helped?

As for aiming at the middle of the page, I use a version of that technique for pistol targets.... I am a lousy pistol shot to begin with and I shoot a .58cal smoothbore with only a front sight. I just aim in the general direction say a few hail mary's and fire away....

Chris

Here are results from December target:

Fly103 - 51 pts (welcome back Chris)
J dirt - 49 pts (pistol - 45 pts)
Richard Dittman - 43 pts
11th Corps - 30 pts
Salty - 28 pts
garypl - 26 pts
freedom475 - 20 pts
PK & Crooked Creek - tied - 15 pts
toddbarrie - 5 pts

This was in my opinion a difficult target to see for many of us. January target should be a bit easier on the eyes!

Thanks to everyone for posting and hope it was fun to have this friendly competition.

Back