• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting clothes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MM did have horses, as did long hunters. Woods runners in the Great Lakes or swamp men in the delta had some sort of boat. They all wore traditional gear and clothing. I trekked a bit in the west in traditional clothing and cold weather, on foot and on horse. While I never had true hc tack I wore what u thought was hc clothing. It differed from true hc in cut or the amount of Tandy deer hides. However it was at least simular, and the presence of s horse affected it in no way.

Great pics thank for sharing. My problem is foot wear also but the rest of the clothes I think I would like to accumulate at least some PC correct clothing.

Not quite sure what horses have to do with the thread here. Having modern footwear might be a plus but any of the other clothing would be perfectly adaptable.
www.flickr.com/photos/90803536@N08/25621497220

Both my dad and I carrying GPR.

I am wanting to add some more PC correct clothing just to add to the experience. For the moment I have settled on all wool and will add some other items as I get the chance. I do love getting into the Traditional Muzzleloader hunting.
www.flickr.com/photos/90803536@N08/23989534904[/img]

Thanks to all of you for the great pics and posts. It really encourages me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every year the second week of blue grouse season I spend 3 to as high as 11 days camped in a lean to and in kit up in the Big Horns except for my feet, the sharp rocks and steep terrain would kill my feet and my butt... and this is in weather from 70 degrees to 10 degrees with 15 inches of snow.
Also once or twice a year I get to go squirrel hunting in kit down in the river bottom down in southern Wy.. But we have something out here you don't have in the east CATUS.. and those will make you get out of your mocs and into your Danners.
When I lived in Mi. I did wear mocs but not out here. That and I'm a lot older now!!

Jerry

No crying from me. This is supposed to be fun. I do this to recreate history, to get a taste of the past. It's not always painless, that is part of the fun for me. As stated I cheat on footware in the woods. I don't hunt for trophies and shoot the first deer I can get a good shot at, I don't photograph dead animals. There is plenty of ways to hunt, plenty of ways to enjoy it. I don't care what some one does, and don't look down on anyone who plays by the rules. A person who wants an in line and goretex and 4 wheelers, who hunts for a big rack is fine with me. If putting on a riflemans shirt and sleeping in a blanket ain't your thing that's ok by me. The only thing your missing is my idea of fun.

FML said:
cry babies! you couldn't even see the modern rifles in my pictures unless you saved it to your system and ZOOMED in!
Rules are rules....Why post a picture that is "misleading" to say the least.
If the picture only pretends to be pertinent to the topic, but really isn't.....What does that say about the poster?
Speaks volumes silently. :shake:

the picture was to show the terrain that was on the previous topic. Not all of us hunt on flat lands where you get to play mtn man with a nearest 7-11 3 minutes away.

Up where we were, No. 12,500ft just outside of Buena Vista is a pretty hard place to reach before roads went in during the iron ore mining days.

You know I don't want to tell you what you should or shouldn't do or wear or shoot. Not wanting to wear traditional clothing because it's inconvenient, or your friends would think it strange, or just don't want to. There is no requirement for traditional shooters to dress the part. You don't owe any one a reason. There is nothing stoping you or making you less successful because you would choose to dress the part. Dressing the part could only make it more fun if that's what you want to do.

This was when I was on a bear hunt a few years ago.

Bear_hunter.JPG

Orange is required during deer season

ML_Wool.JPG

The wife and I at our hunting cabin

MLH_081.JPG

The first day of turkey season a few years ago. It started out as a nice morning with bare ground... until it snowed. :doh:

Turkey_hunt2011%201.JPG

This has been a good productive post

a_good_post.JPG

Back