• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good Buyers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been real lucky I guess, have sold 6 and no ijits so far. One I have o the table now had an "I am very interested (and I wont jew you down either??)", then "I'm sorry bud...." I did hold one for a guy for a week til he got pad and he sent the $$ as promised.

I just snagged a bunch of conicals and the M.O. was in the mail within 5 hours.

People need to do the research on an item before they commit there are to many who punch the I'll take it button then have buyers remorse and back out which screws up the seller and those of us who actually want an item. Luckily I got the first jump on the Flintlock from BigSkyRambler this time Great Weapon!!!!

People need to do the research on an item before they commit there are to many who punch the I'll take it button then have buyers remorse and back out which screws up the seller and those of us who actually want an item. Luckily I got the first jump on the Flintlock from BigSkyRambler this time Great Weapon!!!!
Plus, the Admins are closing the threads based on that "I'll take it," forcing seller to try and get it reopened or, as I did, write a new listing. Wasted time when time is at a premium.

Now there are too many extraneous comments in classifieds. In the past the only comments were from interested buyers asking specific questions. I can see why some sellers put withdrawn, they post an item to sell and the classified gets hi-jacked. Folks need to follow the rules.

I'm listing some guns on here soon so , here's hoping for the best......

It seems like the lower priced stuff brings out the idiots. I've sold $3000 rifles on GB with 0 issues, even once had an envelope full of 50's arrive, no signature.......but try to sell a $200 pistol and you'll get the runaround.

There have been a number of guns on sale here that I have lusted after. But....retired. Fixed income. Recognize I need to pick and choose carefully.
If I put an offer down I could not live with myself if I did not meet my obligation.
Before retirement I was sometimes appalled and disgusted by the people who had no regard for their word or reputation.

Now to be clear. I have had lots of really good dealings on this site, by and large. A hiccup here and there, and one psycho, but always resolved amicably. My PSA arose from three bad buyers in less than two weeks, but only one on here. There has been another on here, but not for over a year. The other two were a Gunbroker sale and another forum. The GB deal was particularly irksome. Very expensive rifle. Guy says, he will use BuyNow (more $ for me) and send a deposit in a week and pay off at end of month. No deposit. Always in mail soon. End of month nears and sorry, gotta back out. Financial difficulties. A quick look at buyer feedback and in the time since the "sale", the guy racked up two Fs for non paying bidder AND bought three expensive guns!!! With Gunbroker's new rules, I am on the hook for not only my fees, but the buyer's state sales tax. I will eventually get a credit for all of this, since I filed a non-paying bidder complaint, but I would rather have the cash back. SO I am in a foul mood. Only deal I have ever backed out of was on Gunbroker years ago. Made the buy and next day, wham! Car wreck. Emailed seller. Said I would pay any fees he was out, since I did not want that non-paying bidder tag hanging over my head. Seller gets to relist without losing money and I am only out a fraction. Still stings in my mind a little.

I joined this site to purchase a Flintlock for my Grandson. And after one Week I am out of here. Too many sellers won't sell or ship to California. I do not know why this is? Any Muzzleloader is LEGAL to sell and ship to California. Are all you guys jealous of our weather or just a bunch of minority slur, member is now banned
I have a great flintlock that I will not only sell you, but ship securely to California.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...almost as annoying as the incredible number of "WITHDRAWN" ads here on the BST threads. I mean, either you want to sell it, or you don't. If not, don't tease people with a carrot on a string, please.

Its highly likely that the sellers who withdraw listings, do so after their listing has been on for a reasonable amount of time. Im also sure they get pretty tired of all the tire kickers demanding bore pictures or a myriad of other off the wall comments. When Zonie was moderating, that sort of manure didn’t fly. Its like the new MLF anything goes now. I used to believe it was worthwhile paying a membership fee, but most certainly won’t ever pay another nickel here.

I joined this site to purchase a Flintlock for my Grandson. And after one Week I am out of here. Too many sellers won't sell or ship to California. I do not know why this is? Any Muzzleloader is LEGAL to sell and ship to California. Are all you guys jealous of our weather or just a bunch of minority slur, member is now banned

Your post says it all, we dont wanna sell to you, join you in San Fran and fer sure dont want you to move any where near here (your buddies are quickly ruining some great neighborhoods). Somethin in that salty air??? Grow up, may be yer not ready for a gun let alone a grandson

Nice.

An attitude like that makes us all look bad.

Yes, some of us are stuck in California, and there are those who, because they are unfamiliar with California's seemingly never ending anti-gun laws, or because they feel a need to punish us because the leftists vote overwhelmingly for more leftists to run this state, refuse to sell to the few conservatives left in this hellhole.

I don't get it, and it flies in the face of common sense, but you most certainly will not change someone's mind by calling them names.

"Not worth a dime. Since yer new here though, as a welcome, I will give you $100.00!"

This why folks put withdrawn and never come back. OP asks a question, and this is what she gets as a new poster.

Been buying and selling lots of stuff on free listing sites, e-bay ,GB and Amazon.since the late 90s. Always have been plenty of flakes, fakes and people that will complain no matter how hard you try to please them. Mostly great people though. Found the best way to weed out the problem people is to require a phone call. Mostly don`t worry about it as to expect some problem people no matter what. If you run a business you might expect 3-15% of these people depending on what your selling. Newbie buyers and the 20 questions guy are on my avoid if possible list...c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back