• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Beware Etsy! Atten. Sellers/buyers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sold a possibles bag with a racoon tail for $80 bucks, shipped it out, that evening Etsy cancelled my account without explanation. I appealed and was permanently denied my account with a copy pasted explanation saying they couldn’t tell me why. Never got my funds, was told they hold them up to 180 days. Turns out this happens to a lot of new sellers. Buyer/seller beware, hope you have better experiences. Guess I’ll stick to the forum here :)

Sold a possibles bag with a racoon tail for $80 bucks, shipped it out, that evening Etsy cancelled my account without explanation. I appealed and was permanently denied my account with a copy pasted explanation saying they couldn’t tell me why. Never got my funds, was told they hold them up to 180 days. Turns out this happens to a lot of new sellers. Buyer/seller beware, hope you have better experiences. Guess I’ll stick to the forum here :)
Sounds pretty greasy. Especially with no explanation. Check the BBB website for similar instances.

I bet if you looked deep enough, there are probably instances where A States Attorney General has filled a lawsuit against them. They probably hold your money for six months to make money off of your interest, then send you what you are owed after they have been a parasite to it.

I bet if you looked deep enough, there are probably instances where A States Attorney General has filled a lawsuit against them. They probably hold your money for six months to make money off of your interest, then send you what you are owed after they have been a parasite to it.
Yup, their fine print says up to 180 days. Seems they’re not doing to well anymore anyways. Luckily it was only like $74, a lot for me but some people who were banned had $1000’s of dollars in their accounts.

Yup, their fine print says up to 180 days. Seems they’re not doing to well anymore anyways. Luckily it was only like $74, a lot for me but some people who were banned had $1000’s of dollars in their accounts.
Wouldn't matter if it was 7 bucks. It's your money, not theirs to "freeze" like that are the danged IRS. Unreal. Probably that POS NY Attorney General. Another of her get rich schemes.

Wouldn't matter if it was 7 bucks. It's your money, not theirs to "freeze" like that are the danged IRS. Unreal. Probably that POS NY Attorney General. Another of her get rich schemes.
Probably! I’ve never had issues selling on here (yet) or eBay for that matter. I filed a report, my expectations for a resolution to it are very low. Etsy is going broke from being woke anyways 😎

Probably! I’ve never had issues selling on here (yet) or eBay for that matter. I filed a report, my expectations for a resolution to it are very low. Etsy is going broke from being woke anyways 😎
I believe most guys on here are A+ to deal with. I've had nothing but pleasant transactions with guys on here. One fella (Bowhunter 73), sat on a rifle for me over a holiday weekend until I could get a postal MO because I don't PayPal or any of that stuff.

I believe most guys on here are A+ to deal with. I've had nothing but pleasant transactions with guys on here. One fella (Bowhunter 73), sat on a rifle for me over a holiday weekend until I could get a postal MO because I don't PayPal or any of that stuff.
That an A+++ seller right there, there are rarely scammers here but this place is mostly made up of good eggs for sure. I’ve sold here alot, just sucks cause I was trying to get a business going on Etsy, I had cards made and everything. I still sell on eBay from time to time but most of my stuff has been and will be on here only for the future for sure.

That an A+++ seller right there, there are rarely scammers here but this place is mostly made up of good eggs for sure. I’ve sold here alot, just sucks cause I was trying to get a business going on Etsy, I had cards made and everything. I still sell on eBay from time to time but most of my stuff has been and will be on here only for the future for sure.
Once bitten twice shy.

I have had good luck contacting the Better Business Bureau office located where the offender is headquartered. In the case of Etsy that would be Brooklyn, NY. Dish Network, for example, ignored my complaints until their local BBB contacted them on my behalf. Then they were doing double back flips trying to satisfy me.
I have also refused to use internet platforms such as Etsy and PayPal. If you can not take my check or credit card, then we can not do business.

Sorry to hear that. I've never purchased anything from the Etsy site, but I've seen a lot of cool stuff I've wanted to buy, I remember years ago my mother was selling expensive clothing on EBAY and she got screwed over on a deal even though the buyer got the clothing, it took year almost 6 months to get her money from EBAY, I hope you get your money.

Back