• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fixable or not?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah , it can be fixed . Dont just chase the threads , it won't be safe . Drill and Tap for a larger nipple/ cone as suggested already or drill larger , tap for a plug .... Then drill and tap that over sized plug for the original sized nipple/ cone . Best of luck ...
What he said or you can try the log cabin they larger threaded nipples to fix your exact problem track of the wolf may have them to .

I'm a chronic putterer. I would fix the hole with the appropriate size milling bit, thread it, sleeve it, then drill/tap 1/4x28 and put another nipple in.

I know 1/4x28 isn't right for a Seneca but those dinky little nipples in the Seneca and Cherokee kind of annoyed me .

So 5/8-18 is the incorrect thread for a Seneca factory breech plug, what is the correct thread?
not sure off hand will have to measure mine. there seems to be 2 different sizes. i have a roached out .45 barrel, i purchased a .36 barrel w/o a plug. i pulled the plug out of the .45 and it does not fit the .36 . i dont know if the used different plugs in the .45 and .36 or they just changed somewhere along the line. they are both factory barrels. seems odd that they would use different sizes for the two calibers so thinking it was a production change.

Had my uncle pickup what I think is a .45 senaca . Seller broke the nipple off and then used a hand drill to try and get the base out. I really wanted it for the stock but would be nice if I could fix the nipple hole . Will be a month or so before I can get it picked up . What do you guys think? Thanks. FBC
Black. Powder. Gun. Smith. Dey be dooz dat fo’ a living’.

Latest posts

Back