• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FFFFFFFFFpowder????? I just have to laugh

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanna hear more about that big wolf-man animal! Can they be domesticated? They probably eat a lot though.

I'm personally on this forum to chat with like minded people about muzzleloading and muzzleloading related material. So I would say anything on the non-muzzleloading thread is not worthy of discussion! I would rather hear the same question 100 times or not be able to understand a question about muzzleloading than hear people's opinions about Don Lemon.
I don't get it either, would rather be helpful. Personally I don't think I've ever been on a forum before that allowed a member to purposefully open a thread making fun of people then allow it to go on for months and months. Most forums I've participated on have no name and shame policy that'll get a perma-ban or at least get ones chain jerked for breaking it.

I'm personally on this forum to chat with like minded people about muzzleloading and muzzleloading related material. So I would say anything on the non-muzzleloading thread is not worthy of discussion! I would rather hear the same question 100 times or not be able to understand a question about muzzleloading than hear people's opinions about Don Lemon.
Fortunately, the way this forum is set up, it is very easy to pick and choose what you want to view and discuss. Choice and freedoms are very nice.

I don't get it either, would rather be helpful. Personally I don't think I've ever been on a forum before that allowed a member to purposefully open a thread making fun of people then allow it to go on for months and months. Most forums I've participated on have no name and shame policy that'll get a perma-ban or at least get ones chain jerked for breaking it.
Censorship? Nope! Freedom means you take your chances and take your lumps. It's your choice to stay in a discussion or simply leave what you don't like.

You can choose to ignore any forum thread you don’t like. Any individual thread you don’t like. Or any member you don’t like. Set your screen up so don’t see any of the topics you have no interest in. There’s something here for everybody.

You can choose to ignore any forum thread you don’t like. Any individual thread you don’t like. Or any member you don’t like. Set your screen up so don’t see any of the topics you have no interest in. There’s something here for everybody.
That's the problem. If this was just a forum for talking about muzzleloading like it should be then nothing would need to be ignored but here we are.

Reactions: hep
Censorship? Nope! Freedom means you take your chances and take your lumps. It's your choice to stay in a discussion or simply leave what you don't like.
While I agree with your statement and spent a chunk of my life defending that fact there is a distinct difference between censorship and following/enforcing the rules that dictate interaction that we all agreed to when we joined. The opening post for this thread and many within it violate at least 3 of those rules in the terms of service of this forum.

As for ignoring it I have but for some reason keep getting notifications for it. The ignore function isn't flawless hereabouts.

While I agree with your statement and spent a chunk of my life defending that fact there is a distinct difference between censorship and following/enforcing the rules that dictate interaction that we all agreed to when we joined. The opening post for this thread and many within it violate at least 3 of those rules in the terms of service of this forum.

As for ignoring it I have but for some reason keep getting notifications for it. The ignore function isn't flawless hereabouts.
I’d suggest going back over how you have your notifications preferences set up. There are a number of threads I ignore and never had any problems.

I believe Brokenneck was the OP

Okay, I'm starting to think our old "friend" B__S__t Bob is back.
If some kf you want to talk decorum let's go there,,, here are all of our trolls posts to date.....
Screenshot_20230219-095723_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230219-095703_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230219-095631_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230219-095558_Chrome.jpg

Can anyone find one where he had anything useful to add to a topic? Or really anything on topic regarding muzzleloading?
As I have said many times in the past,,,, I try very, very, hard not to use the "lead box" of the "ignore" feature. Usually I can find at least some small thing to learn from most anyone even if I often disagree with them in general. And just because we disagree often doesn't mean it needs to equal dislike or animosity....

In this case I see nothing but rudeness and ignorance with absolutely nothing even offered in the way of topic information.

If some kf you want to talk decorum let's go there,,, here are all of our trolls posts to date.....
View attachment 199686View attachment 199687View attachment 199688View attachment 199689
Can anyone find one where he had anything useful to add to a topic? Or really anything on topic regarding muzzleloading?
As I have said many times in the past,,,, I try very, very, hard not to use the "lead box" of the "ignore" feature. Usually I can find at least some small thing to learn from most anyone even if I often disagree with them in general. And just because we disagree often doesn't mean it needs to equal dislike or animosity....

In this case I see nothing but rudeness and ignorance with absolutely nothing even offered in the way of topic information.
Ok, I can see the makings of a duel forming here. Tomorrow at dawn? Pistols?

Concur with Brokennock on post #117...while I surely am not the most saintly nor kindest participating member ( I do get my peepee whacked at times and when it happens I deserve it) I TRY to contribute thoughtful, informed information most of the time. I have yet to find thoughtful, much less informed information from named member.

View attachment 199686View attachment 199687View attachment 199688View attachment 199689

Totally agree. And when you see post like that listed together it’s kinda disgusting.

“What you need to do…!” has become a private joke with me in another hobby where much of their advice is incorrect because they are telling me something that is more speculation than real knowledge of the issue. I’ve learned to hear it with care to no longer take it as gospel. I can rip the person for not knowing and tell them to read this or that book but for the most part, they will not simply because I suggested it. Yes, everybody wants the short and quick answers, now, without having to search. So, to take this one step further, when a newbie comes on by, don’t offer to help! Tell them to read all kinds of books and search the data. Yeah, that’ll get them interested….

I have to laugh, a post that was started in Sept. of last year and went for about a month then kinda went away. Reactivated a day or two ago and much vitriol has begun on a subject that some feel important and a ton of different replies have been made. Some with malice. Unfortunately has caused me to put someone who is generally adversarial in the ignore category. Sad but true.

When a question is put forth and I have experience with the question, I merely write what has worked for me and don't offer anything more. The asking person can use my information or not. Up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back