• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FFFFFFFFFpowder????? I just have to laugh

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokennock

Cannon
Reaction score
I don't mean to offend anyone,,,,,,
But,
Screenshot_20220907-072842_Chrome.jpg
Sometimes I just have to shake my head and laugh.

I have been in the B/P game for 50 years but still remember how green all of us were when TCs came on the scene in the early 70s in a big way. I didn't know about powder, patches or different size balls and never took the time to work up a load because I had never heard of the process. If I crammed something down the barrel and it wouldn't shoot a good group, I traded that gun off and bought another one, DUH....

Beginner questions bring back memories of just how green I was when I started out and don't bother me at all.

The search function on this site is confusing even for me so I seldom use it.

I never gave it any thought. I feel the more times a topic is covered the more insight and new perspective you get. New members join daily and some have fresh perspectives and knowledge to add to the conversation.

I go to many forums on the net, and there always seems to be that group that thinks the search button is the end all be all for any question; to the point it just irritates them to see a question that was posted on a topic from two months ago.

Frankly, if the first page of this forum was all post about removing a stuck ball, I'd just skip to the next page if I had nothing constructive to add. If a guy asks every day what patch lube to use, it costs me nothing to keep scrolling, no need to comment or refer to them to search button.

Carry on gentlemen.

Regards the multiple f rating thing, it would not be an issue if some dang fool had not used phrases like " excessive pressure" and or " dangerous".
Now every one near poops themselves in the store if they see a can of 3f or 4f! If they touch a can of 4f violent convulsions start, cold sweats and mild fever.
I may even consider counseling sessions for victims!
Its gotten so bad that 4f is slowing morphing into pan powder by name.
🙄

It has nothing to do with this specific forum but across all forums and other platforms Ive noticed a general lack of folks who seem they cant do any research on there own, but always asking for information that is readily available with a few minutes if not seconds of search ! Are they lazy ? I really dont know as much if they have become to attached to what ever device they use and expect someone to immediately answer the question .

I actually try to be lenient on this sort of thing.
I hang out on Bushcraftusa as well and this sort of thing happens a lot with guns and knives.
Thing is though is as the years pass there is new data, so what was the best way 5 years ago may not be the best way now.
Sometimes when we get the same old questions we get new updated answers.

I taught chemistry & physics…Trust me, I’ve been asked some pretty dumb questions.

I’ve learned that I can fix “Ignorance”; I fixed that condition every day, of every week, for over 20 years. I have never been able to fix ”Stupid”. I’m a heretic for even using that word…it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I love this place because of all the merging opinions. I’ve seen ignorance, I’ve been apart of it…from time to time.

But I don’t see stupid, stupid is not part of this place.

Last edited:
Maybe they don’t know the answer but are new and just excited to chat and exchange with a living being and feel like part of a community chatting. Maybe, in their excitement, they didn’t take the time to read the dozens of header and footer notes and realize all the tools available.

I saw all the posts on pan priming and thought it was funny too. I suspect there are still a lot more questions there.

I’m not sure why it happens so much. I am guilty as well. I think when one is new here, one wants specific answers for specific questions and sometimes the search function doesn’t quite get it.

Yeah, that’s pretty crazy.

RM
now that quote is special. ive been in that spot entirely too often in the past, only so many people can actually stand against you at one time. the rest are just a backstop for your attentions,and when the smoke clears and you still stand, GOD its been a glorious day.

Maybe they don’t know the answer but are new and just excited to chat and exchange with a living being and feel like part of a community chatting. Maybe, in their excitement, they didn’t take the time to read the dozens of header and footer notes and realize all the tools available.

I saw all the posts on pan priming and thought it was funny too. I suspect there are still a lot more questions there.
BINGO

This is a discission forum is it not ? As I stated before at some point every question involving muzzleloaders would be asked and answered. According to some, at that point the forum should be closed and locked and become a reference site via search button , a FAQ if you will.

To say people who are excited to join the "club" and discuss their new hobby are lazy or stupid at no expense to you is shameful. I skip over pages of posts some days, if they don't interest me , and just move along. It cost me nothing to keep scrolling; it would cost me time and effort to rip someone about the search button or that the same thing was asked last week. I just can't wrap my mind around why this irritates so many people; life is to short to sweat the small stuff.

So I guess people should lay on the ground on a cloudless day and ask passers-by what color the sky is?

View attachment 160936
well i had to find this out for myself , but see this is not actually a muzzle loading forum, it is secretly a civil war reinactment forum and anything that puts those reinacters minds out of their enviroment is shunned , laughed at, and banned with the way the rules are set on this site. so good luck getting questions answered. here...

well i had to find this out for myself , but see this is not actually a muzzle loading forum, it is secretly a civil war reinactment forum and anything that puts those reinacters minds out of their enviroment is shunned , laughed at, and banned with the way the rules are set on this site. so good luck getting questions answered. here...
There are other forums you could try.

I have been on this forum for 18 years and I can assure this is not a forum dedicated to reenactors (notice the correct spelling) of the Civil War or any other era. There are very few dedicated Civil War reenactors here however we do have quite a number of Civil War shooters (N-SSA members & skirmishers) though there are far more long rifle & Hawken shooters many of whom also reenact their era.

In the years I have been here I, and many other members, have attempted to answer any and all questions where I have felt qualified enough to reply and I do not concentrate on any one era or subject so I fail to see why you should say " good luck getting questions answered. here...". Indeed with every pilgrim we seem to see the same questions asked again and again yet many of us strive to provide all the help and guidance we are capable of.

If you can see any forum rules that discriminate against any group, reenactors, shooters, historians, etc. I would appreciate you quoiting them here as It's possible that I have been blind and not seen them.

would anyone have suggestions for a shooting forum that both discusses the bp issues but also allows modern issues? nope i dont wish to offend the rules anymore here, but a good suggestion would help me take an unmentionable to a forum it wouldnt be shunned at, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back