• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FFFFFFFFFpowder????? I just have to laugh

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it isn't some, "same old manure."
Why should people have to read a reply two or three times to try ro figure out what someone is trying to say? Maybe someone who can't understand the most basic ideas of punctuation (those "marks) shouldn't be playing with an explosive like black powder and sharp things like knives and flints, much less something that combines explosives and projectiles (you can look up projectile here, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...YQFnoECE8QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0H6mgqcU8v-3YhgEF9Y6fT ).
Please stick with crayons and play-doh.
Really sir? being condescending won't win friends or influence people. Maybe you don't care? and that's fine if you wish, but don't expect anyone that has been around this hobby for any time to console you in that nonsense.

Not sure where this went? Cannot even understand a few responses (Mr Rudy, WTH are you saying?). Anyway as I stated when a newbie or an old fart like me has a question and asks it here THAT IS RESEARCH. If I have a question, even though I been at this 49+ years, I am gonna ask it here. Are you aware of who writes some of the manure on the internet? As per above, I wanna get advise from those I have "forumed" with for awhile and trust. This sure went to hell pretty fast. Some of us need more hobbies, I'm sure the wives will be appreciative as well.

At a Northeastern Rendezvous in Pawlet, Vermont, I dropped my priming horn out of my pocket while cleaning a gun. When the range officer returned it to me, he asked if I had FFFFFFFg (7f) in my horn. It was Swiss Null B. I had never heard of 7F before, but he assured me it was a fine priming powder.

ADK Bigfoot

Really sir? being condescending won't win friends or influence people. Maybe you don't care? and that's fine if you wish, but don't expect anyone that has been around this hobby for any time to console you in that nonsense.
Not looking to be consoled.
I can't take stupid people. Not to be confused with uneducated people, they are not necessarily the same,,,, I know a lot of stupid people with educations....
In this case it appears we have to deal with one who is both,,,, or trolling.
I'm never the smartest person in the room, but I don't brag about being stupid and try to make it out to be a virtue.
Being stupid is like someone dying,,, everyone else suffers, the stupid person and the dead person don't have to deal with the effects.....
Until being stupid causes one to be dead.
When someone can't even write a paragraph that can be understood without reading it several times,,, that is painful.
Each one of us has things we can tolerate and things we can not. Those things are different for everybody. I can not stand stupid.

Speaking for myself, but maybe others feel the same way. I'm on the forum because I enjoy contact with other people who enjoy this hobby. I enjoy the discussions, if I can help someone I enjoy that and by asking questions on the forum I have rapidly accelerated my knowledge. Why even have the forum if our attitude was to tell the novices, "Do your own research. Read a book". At what level do you decide something is not worthy of discussion? Thankfully there are plenty of people here willing to answer the same questions over and over in the interest of helping someone or simply have a discussion with them. Bottom line is you are free to answer or ignore any post on the forum.

I can't take stupid people. Not to be confused with uneducated people, they are not necessarily the same,,,, I know a lot of stupid people with educations....
I'm never the smartest person in the room, but I don't brag about being stupid and try to make it out to be a virtue.
Being stupid is like someone dying,,, everyone else suffers, the stupid person and the dead person don't have to deal with the effects.....
When someone can't even write a paragraph that can be understood without reading it several times,,, that is painful.
Each one of us has things we can tolerate and things we can not. Those things are different for everybody. I can not stand stupid.
Mutal agreement.

I never fail to be impressed about my learning experiences here. Been to a lot of church functions, never been to a search function before. Hey, what happened to the NIGHTSTALKER? Think I saw one of those creatures before right after I tried a *** gummie.

I never fail to be impressed about my learning experiences here. Been to a lot of church functions, never been to a search function before. Hey, what happened to the NIGHTSTALKER? Think I saw one of those creatures before right after I tried a *** gummie.

"Been to a lot of church functions, never been to a search function before"

Guess things come with age differences.

Some of us will remember being given assignment where you had you go to the library, search for material on a subject and write a paper. Now folks want instant gratification without expelling any work or effort. One of these days librarys will not exist.

Inquiring minds want to know, Questions are simply one's thirst for knowledge. And yes, stupid can be fixed just ask any Marine drill instructor.

I haven't read all the posts but where can I get 9F, I'm worried my 4F isn't fast enough for priming.
You can't get 9f anymore. It was deemed cheating by the old World Order of Muzzloading Nannies because it is so fast that the ball gets to the target before the frizzen is even open.

Last edited:
At what level do you decide something is not worthy of discussion?
I'm personally on this forum to chat with like minded people about muzzleloading and muzzleloading related material. So I would say anything on the non-muzzleloading thread is not worthy of discussion! I would rather hear the same question 100 times or not be able to understand a question about muzzleloading than hear people's opinions about Don Lemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back