• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had to go to West Helena Arkansas this morning. It’s only 25 minutes away but we don’t go there much anymore because they have as much crime as we do and more urban blight. Probably been 7 or 8 years. Arkansas still has a muzzle loader season and when we went in Walmart they had modern muzzle loaders for sale and all the things to care for and feed them but they also had #11 CCI caps for $5.62 a tin. So if you are going through Helena/west Helena Ar. first, I’m so sorry and second, if you need caps they have10 still hanging there. I’ve got plenty but I still bought a tin just to add to the stock.

Good man, many others would have bought them all and hoarded them.

Attachments

• IMG_2447.jpeg
    IMG_2447.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 0
Not around here. Good for nuttin☹️
I’m not throwing rocks at those that go the Wally World and if I needed caps I’d probably, maybe, go look too. But I don’t need caps and I don’t plan to ever set foot in one of those stores ever again. Last time was 3 years ago.

I’m not throwing rocks at those that go the Wally World and if I needed caps I’d probably, maybe, go look too. But I don’t need caps and I don’t plan to ever set foot in one of those stores ever again. Last time was 3 years ago.
I hear you there, I bite down on a wood dowel if I have to go in a walmart (or any store these days), you know like they did in the civil war when they sawed a guys leg off.

I wish I could never darken another Walmart doorway but in this area they have run everyone else out of business. In our town we now only have 2 places to buy groceries, Walmart and Save-A-Lot. Kroger held on for a while but theft by customers and employees caused them to shut the doors. Save-A-Lot carries a limited number of name brands and some of the other customers look at me like I don’t belong in “their” store. Maybe because I don’t sport the uniform of the day like the well dressed young man that checked out ahead of me last visitIMG_0803.jpeg

I wish I could never darken another Walmart doorway but in this area they have run everyone else out of business. In our town we now only have 2 places to buy groceries, Walmart and Save-A-Lot. Kroger held on for a while but theft by customers and employees caused them to shut the doors. Save-A-Lot carries a limited number of name brands and some of the other customers look at me like I don’t belong in “their” store. Maybe because I don’t sport the uniform of the day like the well dressed young man that checked out ahead of me last visitView attachment 244286
You know when I said I was wasn't throwing rocks at those who went to Walmart I was specifically thinking about you. I know that where you live there is little or no choice. Now where my camp is there are so few people in the county that there's not one Walmart. But the county and all surrounding counties are overrun with Dollar General stores. Same cheap stuff, just smaller buildings, and they smother out the few remaining independent businesses around. It's all a dam shame.

I wish I could never darken another Walmart doorway but in this area they have run everyone else out of business. In our town we now only have 2 places to buy groceries, Walmart and Save-A-Lot. Kroger held on for a while but theft by customers and employees caused them to shut the doors. Save-A-Lot carries a limited number of name brands and some of the other customers look at me like I don’t belong in “their” store. Maybe because I don’t sport the uniform of the day like the well dressed young man that checked out ahead of me last visitView attachment 244286
I’ve stopped in several WM in south Ga looking for caps. Those stores are also full of that same trash. It’s so bad they post deputies outside because of theft. What have we become?

I’ve stopped in several WM in south Ga looking for caps. Those stores are also full of that same trash. It’s so bad they post deputies outside because of theft. What have we become?
Well, a few years ago I was very impressed when I went to a WM in Costa Rica that had roving armed guards in the parking lot and armed guards in the store also so to answer your question....maybe Costa Rica, or worse because in so many places the thieves are in control. America is a country I used to live in. I don't know where I am now. Possibly the last free state trying to hang on...Florida.

Not a fan of Wally's either, but it's the only game in town where I'm at. And with gas at 4 bucks a gallon, not much I can do. But I don't go there without one of John Moses Brown
Not a fan of Wally's either. But where I live kinda the only game in town. And with gas at 4 bucks a gallon, kinda have to do what I gotta do. But I won't go in there without one of John Moses Browning's 45 anti cow projectile launchers.

We have our share of Dollar Generals, 2 in this town, one in every small town around, and 3 on the highway between here and Oxford with no towns close to them. The ones in Tutwiler and Webb burned with the strong smell of gasoline in the air In failed attempts to cover up theft by the managers.

I'll be passing Frontier Outfitters in NJ this Sunday; they're open Sundays, so I'll stop in and (probably) get laughed at when I ask if any Caps are available! (Bordentown)

I am not a fan of maulmart not its cousin $ general. I have been in 2 States & 11 maulmarts. I found 2 tins at $5.62 i bought them Even with the so called CCI making & shipping the caps. You are lucky to find any at the price i paid. Most places start at $10 & go up to bleed your wallet dry !

I am not a fan of maulmart not its cousin $ general. I have been in 2 States & 11 maulmarts. I found 2 tins at $5.62 i bought them Even with the so called CCI making & shipping the caps. You are lucky to find any at the price i paid. Most places start at $10 & go up to bleed your wallet dry !
Wow! Yes, there is gouging & hoarding by ammo dealers in general, esp. during panics and hotly contested Elections!

Back