• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just Scored Some $5 CCI Caps at Walmart!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PastorB

40 Cal
Reaction score
Went to Walmart this morning to get the usual grocery items, but as always went by sporting goods to check things over. All the modern ammo was gone, but they had CCI #11 caps on clearance for $5, and I got tubs of Pyro for $11! I left 15 packs of caps, but shouldn't have, because a guy I recognize (don't know his name, just always see him at a table) came immediately behind me and bought the rest. They will be at the next gun show for $35-$40, I should have bought them a gave them away!
Many hate Pyro RS, but I shoot a lot of it in my revolvers. Works great. If you think Pyro is "Rust in a Can", send your jugs to me. The pictured Investarms/Charles Daly Hawken has used it almost exclusively since 1977. Bore is mirror bright after many 1,000's of shots. Actually, Pyro RS works better in revolvers, and Pyro P is great in my caplock rifles. I prefer real black for no logical reason, but wasn't passing on any $11 per pound powder!

Attachments

• 20231215_144512.jpg
    20231215_144512.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 20231215_145320.jpg
    20231215_145320.jpg
    858.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20231215_144913.jpg
    20231215_144913.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 0
Went to Walmart this morning to get the usual grocery items, but as always went by sporting goods to check things over. All the modern ammo was gone, but they had CCI #11 caps on clearance for $5, and I got tubs of Pyro for $11! I left 15 packs of caps, but shouldn't have, because a guy I recognize (don't know his name, just always see him at a table) came immediately behind me and bought the rest. They will be at the next gun show for $35-$40, I should have bought them a gave them away!
Many hate Pyro RS, but I shoot a lot of it in my revolvers. Works great. If you think Pyro is "Rust in a Can", send your jugs to me. The pictured Investarms/Charles Daly Hawken has used it almost exclusively since 1977. Bore is mirror bright after many 1,000's of shots. Actually, Pyro RS works better in revolvers, and Pyro P is great in my caplock rifles. I prefer real black for no logical reason, but wasn't passing on any $11 per pound powder!
There are so many Wally's in the country, and they all have a different marketing approach depending upon their location; country, urban, high shoplifting, gun-free zones, all that manure!

There are so many Wally's in the country, and they all have a different marketing approach depending upon their location; country, urban, high shoplifting, gun-free zones, all that manure!
You are so right! I live in St Louis, and none of the Wallys I've tried in a 50-mile distance have had any BP stuff at all! Even at 50 miles out, in deer hunting land and season, they haven't had any at all.

@PastorB, where do you live? Urban area, country, or out in the boonies?

Would be appreciated if you indicated the store location. It may be one of the rare Walmarts that restocks.

You scored big. Half a bottle of ancient RS sold here for just under $45!!! FWIW Walmarts here are devoid of anything ML . No fixed ammo, powder NOTHING, Maybe a scope or BB gun.

For that price I probably would have even bought some of that pyrodex as well and I hardly ever shoot with it anymore.

You are so right! I live in St Louis, and none of the Wallys I've tried in a 50-mile distance have had any BP stuff at all! Even at 50 miles out, in deer hunting land and season, they haven't had any at all.

@PastorB, where do you live? Urban area, country, or out in the boonies?
I live in the country between a metro area and the boonies. I travel a lot for work and preaching, and am able to hit several Walmarts in NW Missouri. I have actually picked up a bunch of caps this fall, getting a few tins each time I see them, but never taking them all. I don't really need any, but am not going to pass on $5.62 caps (regular price) nor $5 clearance deals. I often give a tin or two away, especially to kids who are just getting started. Just gave away one of my Traditions Deer Hunter rifles, some cast .490 balls, two jugs of Pyro, and 300 caps to a young fella for Christmas. I'm taking him deer hunting during our late "Alternative Season" after Christmas, and he was super stoked to have his own rifle and stuff to shoot it with. It chaps my hide to see these jackals lurking in the stores, waiting for product to be put out, so they can buy the entire lot and sell it online or at the gun show for literally 10x what they paid for it.

Local Fred Meyer used to sell guns and related but became "woke" and stopped. Lost much business and now having severe loss control issues due to sudden emergence of "low cost" housing nearby. Prices there are now absurd.

A fantastic find and I'd be hard pressed to pass up the pyrodex at that price too... I'd probably use it in duplex loads as my chief complaint of pyrodex is ignition issues especially in high humidity.

Damn shame about the other feller hoarding or gouging, its a free country and all, but a little class goes a long way. I hope he was buying to give them away or using to teach youth our sport...

I got a few tins over the summer at Walmarts. Haven’t seen them for a few months. All the Walmarts I go to have lots of ammo, pyrodex and bullets. Just no caps.

Subject has been beat to death, but ain't nuthin wrong with Pyrodex. Cheaper, more powerful. Just don't let it get damp.
Captain, agree. While I don’t shoot Pyro, I am 100% T7. I understand some like to use real BP for the old times, but for me, T7 is more powerful per volume, burns cleaner and cleans easier than real BP.

The sporting goods manager close to where I live got in huge trouble. She was holding back ammo, caps, ect for her boyfriend and his friends. They would sell it at extremely jacked up prices and she got a cut. We see the gougers at local shows, and they are stuck with their inventory because everyone knows they suck and refuse to buy from them.

Latest posts

Back