• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Beards and Mustaches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres the cure to growing a beard. Rub salt in your face & hold a glass of water in front of it .wen the hair comes out for a drink quickly tie knots at the bottom before they go back👍
👍🤔 Na ...
I have more problems with the hair on top of my head 😣

Attachments

• 20190901_075035.jpg
    20190901_075035.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Here is the beard and moustache I use to portray an 18 century french trapper in nouvelle france..
.I get alot of compliments on it and feel it is very accurate..It was very reasonable only cost me a
Buck and a half at Madame Fionas House of Hair...
And worth every penny. Lol.

My three year old daughter had never seen me without a beard and screamed when I came out of the bathroom after shaving it off. She cried her eyes out. A different reaction entirely from my wife when I shaved it off after she had gone to bed. I never saw anyone's eyes open so wide when she woke up in the morning!

I joined the navy as you could have a beard in the 1970s. We just had to have neck shaved to fit the mask
Straight razors were sold on the frontier.
My Best bud was in for Tet and he said they had to shave breads on his ammo ship in the bay of Saigon. I joined in 73 was at a Navy base for a month, and never saw one beard. But then I was at SEATAF headquarters.

Never said folks did not use straight razors, it was not common. I have friends that use them today, silly buggers.

My three year old daughter had never seen me without a beard and screamed when I came out of the bathroom after shaving it off. She cried her eyes out. A different reaction entirely from my wife when I shaved it off after she had gone to bed. I never saw anyone's eyes open so wide when she woke up in the morning!
Hoefully your wife called you by your correct name?? LOl,LOL!!!:ghostly:

My Best bud was in for Tet and he said they had to shave breads on his ammo ship in the bay of Saigon. I joined in 73 was at a Navy base for a month, and never saw one beard. But then I was at SEATAF headquarters.

Never said folks did not use straight razors, it was not common. I have friends that use them today, silly buggers.
I think it was after Vietnam that the navy relaxed it’s policy on shaving. I joined in ‘78. Recruiting was slow and all the services were trying new things.
They even had a short term voluntary discharge. One could join on the program, and if you didn’t like it cancel your recruitment and get an honorable in six months.
We had a sonar tech on board our boat that was the only man to have lasted more then two years from that program. His was a full six year hitch and he completed it.

I grew one once. Started it a couple of weeks before the 1986 deer season I think. Kept it a couple of weeks after the season which meant I'd had it for about five weeks. I never really liked it. My wife said my personality changed when I grew it and that I hid behind the beard. Whatever that meant. Happily cut it off and have just kept a mustash.

I think it was after Vietnam that the navy relaxed it’s policy on shaving. I joined in ‘78. Recruiting was slow and all the services were trying new things.
They even had a short term voluntary discharge. One could join on the program, and if you didn’t like it cancel your recruitment and get an honorable in six months.
We had a sonar tech on board our boat that was the only man to have lasted more then two years from that program. His was a full six year hitch and he completed it.
They had that type of program during Nam too. I joined the Marines(OCS) on a similar program If I did not get the MOS I wanted, they had to let me out. Period.

S**t! I had to up for a 3rd year to get my MOS! 🥲
I had a delayed entrance to finish college for OCS, and the program that allowed me to get my MOS or I was released, honorable discharge! I went in for Flight School and couldn't pass the color tests. Since it was not my fault they had to let me out! However, because of very high tests scores, they wanted to keep me, and offered me an alternative, and I took it, Military Intelligence. I should have gotten out!!

1968 Army Not big on incentives
height of the War and they were still receiving decent press back home. I was 70-71, things were not as good with the public then, and people were not joining. I had a draft number of 23 so I had to do something. If it had not been for Flight training, and the Marine's were the only ones taking pilots, I would have joined the Air Force. Big planes require big bases etc. No muck & mire. Anyway, things do not always work as planned! As it was, I still got an early out, because the DOD/DIA had taken an interest in me. So, out of the Marines and into Govt. I spent less than 6 mos overseas, and less than 14 mos in the Marines. Worked for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back