• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Now this tops the cake...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a keeper, knew her since the third grade been married going on 45 years, told her before we got married, I am a hunter and only have one mistress she's called the wild places on some mountain I may find myself on. She is very supportive of my endeavors of the craft I pursue. And besides it would be too costly and time consuming to train another woman. 🤣

Apparently .... not:doh:
Don't be so cocky sure son. I was married for 4 years, after 8 years of being together. I put 100% into it, she put 5%. She even admitted it herself. Worst wasted 4 years of my life and money. She lied, stole and cheated on me. I know what a good marriage is. My mom and dad were married 65 years. That's what I wanted. This gal had fairy tale BS as her image of marriage. Now I'm with my partner for 27 years. We don't argue or fight, ever. We get along great, she helps me, I help her. I love her, she me. What we have is what the good lord intended, like the birds and beasts, we don't need a piece of paper to hold us together. So before you judge another man, you better walk in his shoes.

I don't understand a man who is scared of, and controlled by, his wife. I suppose it comes down to desperation. If you marry the right woman, she is happy with whatever makes you happy, and visa versa. If I decide to buy a new inanimate object, its not her decision. I proposed to my wife almost 30 years ago. She knew then what she still knows now. She is my partner, not my boss, sitter, oe mother. I've never needed a mother figure to hold my hand, and only a fool would wanna marry one. I'm a loner by nature and do what I want. If what I'm doing isn't for her, I don't make her participate. As it turns out. The big city girl I married and moved into the country has turned into the best huntin, fishin, shootin, and campin buddy. I guess what it comes down to is that testosterone has a positive pair bonding effect on a good woman. This sickening BS modern woke social media society would have you believe this to be toxic masculinity or male chauvinism. Nothing could be further from the truth. Its just nature, human nature when people aren't lying about it.
The real lie is that a man should work his rear off, and the woman dictates how to spend the proceeds.
If you need a woman to rule over you, fine. Just don't complain about it.
But, what do I know.
I load my smoke pole all by myself, the critters I kill get butchered by my hands, and I cut my own damn hair.

We now live in a world where it's OK to mock men. Mock masculinity. Berate men in public. Shame men in public. Make men look like fools on TV and in movies.

We're seeing an uptick in threats of violence as a joke. We're seeing real smacks to the back of the head. We're hearing more men tell their wives they'll be home soon while standing in the checkout line.

The amount of cowering to a supposed Partner in Life sickens me. A person who truly loved a Life Partner would encourage their passions. This goes for both men and woman.

So grab your sacks, stop being weenies, clean your pistols in the kitchen sink. And when your Partner in Life gets mad at you and gets out the rolling pins and frying pans, tell her that sink belongs to you too.
Sounds like a costly decision in this or any age but I'm sure her lawyer will takeover the affection part/Ed

I don't understand a man who is scared of, and controlled by, his wife. I suppose it comes down to desperation. If you marry the right woman, she is happy with whatever makes you happy, and visa versa. If I decide to buy a new inanimate object, its not her decision. I proposed to my wife almost 30 years ago. She knew then what she still knows now. She is my partner, not my boss, sitter, oe mother. I've never needed a mother figure to hold my hand, and only a fool would wanna marry one. I'm a loner by nature and do what I want. If what I'm doing isn't for her, I don't make her participate. As it turns out. The big city girl I married and moved into the country has turned into the best huntin, fishin, shootin, and campin buddy. I guess what it comes down to is that testosterone has a positive pair bonding effect on a good woman. This sickening BS modern woke social media society would have you believe this to be toxic masculinity or male chauvinism. Nothing could be further from the truth. Its just nature, human nature when people aren't lying about it.
The real lie is that a man should work his rear off, and the woman dictates how to spend the proceeds.
If you need a woman to rule over you, fine. Just don't complain about it.
But, what do I know.
I load my smoke pole all by myself, the critters I kill get butchered by my hands, and I cut my own damn hair.
I suppose some of us are in pure desperation. :)

Joking, cutting up, and forgiveness of the others shortcomings go a long way in a marriage. Even when buying two ML in one weeks time span. :)

Considering the both of us were previously married that resulted in a split family with 3 teenage boys, I reckon if we can endure that, we can get through about anything.

FWIW, neither of us rule over the other. But we can sure raise a stink if the other one puts a burr in our saddle. And yep, she still is not happy about my two ML purchases in one weeks time, but I'll be selling some other ones to recoup the funds, and she knows that. So all is well on the home front. That's IF I don't buy another ML in the short term future.

That broom......its a fearsome weapon that scares the hell out of me, and I'm fearless, you know. But it's only gonna hurt for a little while. :)

Last edited:
My hunting partner says about the same thing but he's only been divorced four times. Single for about the last ten years he sent me a photo of a mess of 2 to 4 pound rainbow trout he caught ice fishing the other day. I made my wife soup and carried the laundry upstairs.

🤔 The poor guy?
Surprised your friend has the money to go fishing with all that alimony.

We are at the CLA show at Joe Wheeler park right now. Wife loves to travel. I had as much time as I wanted at the show and today we are going to the battlefield at Shiloh. She was a History teacher for 40 years, I have a degree in history so this works well.

Been married for 11 years, we both lost our spouses. I have 3 daughters, she has a son. All grown and married. There is a chemical engineer, RN, 2 IT people, an electrical engineer and a PHD in music. They make very good money. Had to brag a little.

Wife can shoot to. To say I was happily married is a gross understatement.

Don

All the comparison and he man ranting is bull as far as I am concerned. My wife is good looking, intelligent, educated, traveled and could get any man she wants. I could do the same if I needed a new woman. The point is, you are supposed to be with someone you care about, appreciate for who they are and will help and support them in life, good or bad times. That does not mean you spend every dime on ML's or other unmentionables? You count her shoes? Really< well un lees they are, Jimmy Choos at $600 a pair, it really isn't any comparison at all is it? So lets stop that nonsense right now. AS far as the he man I can do what ever i want stuff, my wife would have you packin in a NY min! She would never put up with any of that bull manure! I am married three times, and this time I am pushing 30 years, because i finally have someone who is every bit as smart, intelligent, good and supportive as i am, who does take any manure and can stand up to any man. I return it in spades. So, when I purchase a ML, or any other unmentionable, we talk about it, I explain why , what I think it will do, whether it is a collectable item or just a wanna have. My wife will say many times, "it is useless if you don't use it", and she is right, but she won't say No, she leaves that up to me to use the brains God gave me, and make a good choice. So , I never spend money we do not have or that is set aside for other projects etc. "toys" are never put on plastc, cash only. I either have it or I don't. We have joint accounts, always have, always will. Ther are no secrets in our finances. I am fortunate she does not spend alot,or want alot, it is just her nature. I am fortunate in many way. Just one man's opinion!

Well, she has a point. Maybe you tell her its just a courtesy" on your part because you love her and do ntot want her to not know what is going on. (???? : )
Or maybe she grudgingly says okay to the purchase of a new ML but one has to live with the ramifications of such for a long time afterward. Don't ask me how I know that.

Lighten up fellas. She's setting right next to me laughing her head off. And that, my friends, is the sort of thing that calls for a good marriage. And yes, my OP is true, it did happen.

Last edited:
Or maybe she grudgingly says okay to the purchase of a new ML but one has to live with the ramifications of such for a long time afterward. Don't ask me how I know that.

Lighten up fellas. She's setting right next to me laughing her head off. And that, my friends, is the sort of thing that calls for a good marriage.
I agree, but then "we: must stop and think about what she is saying and why? Then we have to grudgingly admit that she is probably right, and we hate doing that! :dunno:

Back