• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Beards and Mustaches

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a guy, Second day after taking a battery of tests, with a lot of brade, I was just a dumb a** at the time, what did I know. He said I had a choice, agree to a 3 year inlistment with a short list of MOS’s or be a ground pounding grunt. The rest as they say is history 😀

Had a guy, Second day after taking a battery of tests, with a lot of brade, I was just a dumb a** at the time, what did I know. He said I had a choice, agree to a 3 year inlistment with a short list of MOS’s or be a ground pounding grunt. The rest as they say is history 😀
Yes, always better to have choices, which is why I joined. If I had been drafted, OMG, all bets are off then!!!

I know, the myth is so much better than the reality!!! 😅 This is her preferred look for me!
Well,

Certainly not dapper, but this is a pic of me in my "Office". The Week before I had been to an event in San Felipe de Austin. That particular day my office was the (Big South Fork of the Cumberland, TN).

IMG_7722.JPG

Well,

Certainly not dapper, but this is a pic of me in my "Office". The Week before I had been to an event in San Felipe de Austin. That particular day my office was the (Big South Fork of the Cumberland, TN).

View attachment 161513
Looking good to me!:cool: Your are fortunate to have a vocations that allows you to be in the outdoors etc. Stay safe and i hope you enjoy the work!:ThankYou:

Looking good to me!:cool: Your are fortunate to have a vocations that allows you to be in the outdoors etc. Stay safe and i hope you enjoy the work!:ThankYou:

I do enjoy it still. Now I teach, so I am usually just pointing and directing and QA/QC data. Used to be the guy behind the gun. Now days I’m on the rod, hence the avatar “Rod Man” got 2 years and some change and I’m done.

Looking forward to just doing what I wanna do when I wanna do it. 😆

I do enjoy it still. Now I teach, so I am usually just pointing and directing and QA/QC data. Used to be the guy behind the gun. Now days I’m on the rod, hence the avatar “Rod Man” got 2 years and some change and I’m done.

Looking forward to just doing what I wanna do when I wanna do it. 😆
not married huh?:D

I have yet to find any woman who actually likes long unkept beards and hairy throats. They may tolerate them but that don't mean they like them. Oh, in keeping with the original post on this thread, Nothing wrong with a phony or theatrical beard if it's realistic looking. But I would avoid that "phony look".
My wife likes my beard. I keep it on the shorter to mid-length. She has always said she prefers me with a beard.

I had a long beard, but it would get tugged on by rifle recoil. I couldn't figure out which was worse. It would also get caught in my bow string something fierce, so I just trimmed it short. Later I thought I should have braided it and tucked it in my belt. Lol

My son in law E6, they threw a butt ton of money at him to reup Sharp guy! Good Army!
Given enough time everything changes
Could make rank real fast during the VN war era; I made E5 in 21 mos., if re-upped could have been E6 in short time. They often told guys with certain MOS's, re-up and you're practically Guaranteed E6.

Had a stash and beard since 1979. Modeled for several agencies back in the 80's. One was for a Saks 5th Ave commercial. They asked me if I'd shave my beard to get the job, I did, then they changed their mind. Haven't shaved since. ;)

Beards don't itch, at least mine never have. I keep my top hair, what's left, clipped in the late spring through summer, keep my beard short too. I'm in the growing out phase now and won't cut either till April or May. Though I will trim a touch here and there. My poor Wife gave up trying to change my routine several years ago. I'm retired, and I pretty much do as I please.

Attachments

• IMG_20220910_174450.jpg
    IMG_20220910_174450.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
There was a Yankee General by the name of Mason Brayman during the Civil War who vowed not to shave his beard again until the war was over. He stopped shaving around the middle of the war during the Vicksburg Campaign in 1863. Sorry I don't have a picture of him but I bet he was pretty shaggy several years later in 1865.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back