• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

August Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since I am located in the Georgia (The Peach State) and August 22 is National Eat a Peach Day, I think a peach target is appropriate!

Two ways to shoot: Offhand from 25 yards with rifle or 15 yards with handgun.
Bench rest from 25 yards with rifle or 15 yards with handgun
Mark your targets as offhand or benchrest.

10 shots for score - 5 shots in each peach. Hits in the peach count 10 points and hits in the stem or leaves count 5 points. Each peach can only have 5 shots in it and ball must be half way into the target area to score points.

Shoot as many times as you wish but please only post one target with pictures of target (and gear, if possible - we love to see everyone's equipment and load data!) Post jpg or pdf formats. Please write your points scored on the target along with information on the load you used.

Prize is same as always - bragging rights on the forum!

I will be posting July results in a day or two.

Have fun and stay safe!

Attachments

• August 2023 Target.pdf
    354.3 KB · Views: 0
Since I am located in the Georgia (The Peach State) and August 22 is National Eat a Peach Day, I think a peach target is appropriate!

10 shots for score - 5 shots in each peach. Hits in the peach count 10 points and hits in the stem or leaves count 5 points. Each peach can only have 5 shots in it and ball must be half way into the target area to score points.

Shoot as many times as you wish but please only post one target with pictures of target (and gear, if possible - we love to see everyone's equipment and load data!) Post jpg or pdf formats. Please write your points scored on the target along with information on the load you used.

Have fun and stay safe!
Thank you Gary

I think this target should be a pretty good one to get a decent score on. That being said, I’ll probably score a 10 total.

Have fun and stay safe!
Gary, I take it "postal match" actually means "post" images of one's targets on this site by end of August? (Don't see anything about sending targets by USPS so I figured we've technologied ourselves away from the Postal Service). Am I right? Got a 9 year old grandson new to MZ shooting and I think he and I will shoot this just for giggles. Deadline?

Hi dcrummett - thanks for your comments.

What @BillyC said - I normally post the monthly target on the last day of the previous month and you can shoot all month.

Postal match is not an accurate description these days - who wants to spend $0.63 on a stamp! You just scan or take a picture of your target with the information written on it and we enjoy seeing pictures of you and your gear as well!

Happy to see young shooters participate and he can shoot benchrest or OH if he is capable!

Look forward to seeing your targets!

Gary

Back