• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

August 2014, Toe the Line.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too muddy to walk a straight line?...I remember once when we had some standing water on our range that one (we called him shorty) of our group needed to post a target at the 100 yard backstop. I closed the range and sent him downrange to post his target, when, about half way down, he abruptly disappeared from sight. We searched around for him for near an hour before we found him trapped in a mud hole. I felt bad about sending him down range alone like that. But I should have known better, as a few years ago, I admonished Shorty to get up off his knees and shoot like a man along with the rest of us. Then I realized he was standing up.... :doh:

Well, they always say it's harder to judge distances out West... :idunno:
Just don't go subtractin' yards to make up for it next time. :wink:

Not to say that I wait to the last minute(my wife says I do), but I finally shot it yesterday and mailed it this morning. I had to use my wife's rifle because I only brought a peep sighted gun. That's why I shot a .30 cal.
Domenick
P.S. this is only my second match entry

We had a real good turnout for this contest. Best in quite a while. It's nice to see some new folks playing. :hatsoff:
Of course, y'all just HAD to show up when I do one that was 5 times harder to score the targets than usual. :haha:

There was some darn good shootin' for this contest.

And the winner is..............
SMO with a total of 2.681" Mighty fine shootin' SMO. :hatsoff:

2nd, George Walker, 3.536"
3rd, Mad Irish Jack, 3.866" (the voices distracted him :wink: )
4th, Wildshot, 4.022"
5th, Mike54, 5.628"
6th, Hermit, 5.644"
7th, MDK_WV, 6.312"
8th, 58Caliber, 7.421"
9th, Smokepole Sam, 8.574"
10th, Sean Gadhar, 8.827"
11th, Maven, 9.285"

I gotta say, these were all impressive targets. The widest shot was only 3.26" off the mark. Several were under 1/4 inch! SMO only had one shot go outside 1/2 inch and it was still under 1 inch. You should all be proud of your shooting. :hatsoff:

Thanks for playing.

The next contest is gonna be a partner shoot. Pick out a partner and keep yer eyes peeled for the rules. I'll be posting them in a day or two.
If you have a buddy that doesn't shoot in the contests try and talk him into being your partner. The more folks that get involved the more fun we will have.

:v Thanks to Jethro for puttin up with the likes of us target mutilationists. An', then he's gotta go 'n' cyffer 'em out for placing a finishin' order, an stuff. :doh: Thanks again Jethro. Hoozah!

Thanks Jethro for putting this match together and scoring it. It was a fun shoot. I'm looking forward to the next one. Congratulations to SMO for some fine shooting!

:thumbsup: SMO, that is some good shootin. :hatsoff: That was a fun shoot Jethro. Thanks for Scoring the targets, I tried to score mine before I sent in, finally I just threw up my hands and stuck it in the envelope. Congratulations to everyone!

Well Maven, you might have come in last but, if it makes you feel any better, ONE of your shots was by far the best shot of the whole contest. The center shot. They just don't get much closer to dead on.
The rest of 'em were real consistent. And none of 'em were the worst in the contest.
I say you done pretty good. :thumbsup:
It was just the math part that got ya... :idunno:

Jethro,

Well you promised me last place in the July contest after I told you it took to long to publish the score. Didn't follow through with your threat. :stir: Lets see 11 targets and at least 22 days so that is 2 days each to score a target. Must have been tough on you. :rotf: Maybe now I can earn last place. :idunno:

On a serious note thanks very much for sponsoring and scoring these.

Dave

"Lets see 11 targets and at least 22 days so that is 2 days each to score a target. Must have been tough on you. Maybe now I can earn last place."

Too late 58caliber, that honor's all mine! :blah:

Don't do it Maven. Dave's target is gonna get "lost in the mail". :wink: :haha:

Hey! It wasn't 22 days anyhow! You guys had until the 8th to get postmarked. Then I always give 'em 10 days for slow postmen. I was only 10 days late! :blah:

Jethro once again thanks for putting on these matches. I guess it just goes to show by me being in 1 st a blind hog will stumble up on an acorn every once in a while. :haha:

Well your counting and mine are a bit different. I was generous with the 22 days as it is more like 40 days. If you had scored them as they came in starting in early August (mailed mine on 8/6) -- well you can guess the rest. :rotf: :td:

OK then, if you insist, I'll use your way of counting next time I add up your score . :blah:

Back