• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

August Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ll I got her dialed in and shot a little better this time

Attachments

• FC827266-F82C-4999-8748-D80D5F3297FE.jpeg
    FC827266-F82C-4999-8748-D80D5F3297FE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Well, I do not recommend shooting offhand with a rifle you haven't shot in well over a year...after a cup of strong coffee. But thanks to these monthly shoots, I'm making time to shoot more.
25yds (shakey)offhand
.32 Crockett(Traditions)
30gr 3f schutzen
.31rb over .10 wonderlube patch
25pts by my reckonin'
20230831_192045.jpg

Lookin forward to next month!!

I like the target Gary, ...was able to see this one quite well.
I shot the target a few weeks ago and had hoped to give it another try before the month ended. But the fire danger just got worse, so here is my entry.

Thank you Gary, and to all you fine folks that participate in the monthly shoots. Sure makes it fun to watch scores improve with new guys, and to follow the highs and lows of you regulars.

Off Hand
58 Kolonial Flintlock
60ish gr. 3f Swiss
.570 wheel-weight
7:1 H20/Cutting oil
.015 Pticking patch

Think I took out enough stem to warrant 5pts...so I marked it 75 points... but it wasn't right on the equator of the ball so if it doesn't qualify, disregard my stem shot.
20230816_211853.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I do not recommend shooting offhand with a rifle you haven't shot in well over a year...after a cup of strong coffee. But thanks to these monthly shoots, I'm making time to shoot more.
25yds (shakey)offhand
.32 Crockett(Traditions)
30gr 3f schutzen
.31rb over .10 wonderlube patch
25pts by my reckonin'View attachment 249539
Lookin forward to next month!!
What I like about an informal competition like these is that it motivates me to get out and shoot!

Thanks Gary had a great time shooting this target.
Nice shooting dank3d101 - I will have to score this as a 65 because the lower left shot in the LH peach doesn't appear to be 1/2 way into the scoring area. You have nice groups - these targets were harder to see at 25 yards than I expected!

I like the target Gary, ...was able to see this one quite well.
I shot the target a few weeks ago and had hoped to give it another try before the month ended. But the fire danger just got worse, so here is my entry.

Thank you Gary, and to all you fine folks that participate in the monthly shoots. Sure makes it fun to watch scores improve with new guys, and to follow the highs and lows of you regulars.

Off Hand
58 Kolonial Flintlock
60ish gr. 3f Swiss
.570 wheel-weight
7:1 H20/Cutting oil
.015 Pticking patch

Think I took out enough stem to warrant 5pts...so I marked it 75 points... but it wasn't right on the equator of the ball so if it doesn't qualify, disregard my stem shot.
View attachment 249637
Very nice groups Freedom and thanks for posting! The stem shot looks to be exactly 1/2 inside the line so I will agree this is a 75.

Here is my August target - started out with 3 shots in the LH peach and then went downhill from there! At least I could kind of see the peaches.
.40 Flintlock
45 Gr Swiss 3F
.400 ball
.018 Black stripe Ticking
20/80 Ballistol/water patch lube
Score 55

View attachment 249806
I did the same thing. Started out well then went downhill fast. I was a little rushed and that never helps. My grandson only shot five, we were going to shoot the other five later but couldn’t squeeze it in, hopefully this month he’ll get a target turned in.

Nice shooting dank3d101 - I will have to score this as a 65 because the lower left shot in the LH peach doesn't appear to be 1/2 way into the scoring area. You have nice groups - these targets were harder to see at 25 yards than I expected!
Yes I took another look a little closer and you are absolutely correct.

Boy howdy,I really wanted to shoot this one,but my dang shoulder just giving me fits,hopefully I can try Sept Target,been fighting this shoulder for 20 years or so,think it might be time to overhaul left shoulder.Right one got overhauled 13 years ago and I was layed up for 6 months don't want that again.

Boy howdy,I really wanted to shoot this one,but my dang shoulder just giving me fits,hopefully I can try Sept Target,been fighting this shoulder for 20 years or so,think it might be time to overhaul left shoulder.Right one got overhauled 13 years ago and I was layed up for 6 months don't want that again.
You can shoot it from the bench if this will take a load off your shoulder - just mark your target as “bench” :thumb:

I made a couple of mistakes when entering the scores yesterday and so I have corrected the standings and the new data is posted below. I was rushing and placed a couple of scores in the wrong categories - sorry everyone!

Here are the updated results of the August match - hope everyone had fun with the peach target.

September target has been posted.

Gary

August 2023 ML Match Postal Results.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back