• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone here own exclusively muzzle loading firearms?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live alone at the end of a dead-end road out in the county with a trailer park with a substantial crack head population living there.

I am set up for a possible home invasion, that should answer your question.
It doesn't make any difference where you live. I live in a nice quite neighborhood. four months or so ago, late one night I happened to be up makeing my regular pitstop to the bathroom when someone tried to break into my home. I had sold my truck and the lowlife scumbag thought I was away being my truck was gone . I got my nine mill. pistol and confronted the piece of garbage. That lowlife started towards me so I fired a round into the ground. That got him on the run. You keep a pistol close by all the time and get you some cameras. I wish you the best friend , stay safe.

I won't move, I have spent 24 years developing my place to be just what I always wanted. So far no one has had any trouble out of the crack heads unless they were building a house and had all of the stockpiled building materials stolen. There is gunfire almost every day around me, we all have a few acres and one out of three people shoot in their back yard, at least 75% of my neighbors are armed to the teeth even if they don't shoot in the back yard.

I think the crack heads are stupid but not stupid enough to pick a random house to break into with so many of us armed.

This is Alabama, we do things differently here.

I just built this bullet trap to safely shoot in my yard. There are 100 acres of big woods behind me but I don't want to send a bullet downrange, no telling where it will end up.

done.JPG

Into the ground? He's lucky he met you and not me.
In my state you are allowed to take some one out if they break into your home. I think it is called ,""The castle doctrine""but not in your yard unless you are attacked by them. This scum bag was in my back yard. You would have read about his demise in the local news paper,s obit. section if he had made it into my house.

A lot of guns are purpose built, meaning they are built to perform a certain task. Double rifles in nitro calibers were for elephants, Benchrest rifles in 6PPC are for benchrest only. I have a gun that I put together exclusively to shoot prairie dogs at distance without a spotter.

Scopes have their place, not on a flintlock I agree but they do have their place.
im going be honest. dont care what a person shoots or what they shoot with. to each his own. respect their rights to shoot whatever

I've spent a lot of time and money experimenting with all types of firearms. I especially like classic hunting rifles. I've shot game with many types of rifles chambered for a whole host of cartridges. In hindsight this was a bit ridiculous since almost any one of them would have done about the same thing. I have no real interest in "modern semiautomatic sporting rifles" nor souped up defensive handguns. I've got nothing against them and have felt compelled to add a couple to my inventory.

As for muzzleloaders I've killed 15 deer between .45, .50 and .54 caliber guns, all percussion. I must say that when it comes to shooting for pure enjoyment nothing tickles my fancy more than shooting muzzleloaders and/or cap and ball revolvers. I own not one custom modern firearm but I do own a fair number of semi-custom and custom muzzleloading rifles. Some I consider works if art. There is little question, blackpowder guns, especially long guns, both flint and percussion are my favorites.

One type of firearm I refuse to own is the modern inline muzzle loader. I find those pellet and sabot belching wands ignited by 209 primers disgusting đź«Ł. I think mainly because, in my opinion, they've ruined many muzzleloading season.

Last edited:
im going be honest. dont care what a person shoots or what they shoot with. to each his own. respect their rights to shoot whatever
What do you think you are doing? You ought to know by now that you are not supposed to think rationally. If you are not out on a limb you are missing the boat. (tongue in cheek) With all that said I agree with you, to each his own.

In my state you are allowed to take some one out if they break into your home. I think it is called ,""The castle doctrine""but not in your yard unless you are attacked by them. This scum bag was in my back yard. You would have read about his demise in the local news paper,s obit. section if he had made it into my house.
That actually was a good move on your part if you didn’t see a weapon on him. If he would have kept coming you would have been justified to shoot. But you never know what some prosecutors will do to you. A woman was attacked while napping on her porch here years ago, she shot the guy, since she wasn’t INSIDE her home she was charged with manslaughter. She got off, thankfully.

A lot of guns are purpose built, meaning they are built to perform a certain task. Double rifles in nitro calibers were for elephants, Benchrest rifles in 6PPC are for benchrest only. I have a gun that I put together exclusively to shoot prairie dogs at distance without a spotter.

Scopes have their place, not on a flintlock I agree but they do have their place.
Got me curious on the prairie dog setup you got. Like playing whack-a-mole from satellite orbit.

I've spent a lot of time and money experimenting with all types of firearms. I especially like classic hunting rifles. I've shot game with many types of rifles chambered for a whole host of cartridges. In hindsight this was a bit ridiculous since almost any one of them would have done about the same thing. I have no real interest in "modern semiautomatic sporting rifles" nor souped up defensive handguns. I've got nothing against them and have felt compelled to add a couple to my inventory.

As for muzzleloaders I've killed 15 deer between .45, .50 and .54 caliber guns, all percussion. I must say that when it comes to shooting for pure enjoyment nothing tickles my fancy more than shooting muzzleloaders and/or cap and ball revolvers. I own not one custom modern firearm but I do own a fair number of semi-custom and custom muzzleloading rifles. Some I consider works if art. There is little question, blackpowder guns, especially long guns, both flint and percussion are my favorites.

One type of firearm I refuse to own is the modern inline muzzle loader. I find those pellet and sabot belching wands ignited by 209 primers disgusting đź«Ł. I think mainly because, in my opinion, they've ruined many muzzleloading season.
I agree with you sentiments on inlines. A rifle designed for those that just want to kill something. It takes the whole idea of muzzleloading firearms and perverts it. IMHO

That actually was a good move on your part if you didn’t see a weapon on him. If he would have kept coming you would have been justified to shoot. But you never know what some prosecutors will do to you. A woman was attacked while napping on her porch here years ago, she shot the guy, since she wasn’t INSIDE her home she was charged with manslaughter. She got off, thankfully.
Sadly to say prosecuters care about their political future not about us. The more convictions they can get looks good on their resume. Good for them not for us.

It doesn't make any difference where you live. I live in a nice quite neighborhood. four months or so ago, late one night I happened to be up makeing my regular pitstop to the bathroom when someone tried to break into my home. I had sold my truck and the lowlife scumbag thought I was away being my truck was gone . I got my nine mill. pistol and confronted the piece of garbage. That lowlife started towards me so I fired a round into the ground. That got him on the run. You keep a pistol close by all the time and get you some cameras. I wish you the best friend , stay safe.
Shot at the GROUND??? I just don't believe it! They don't make Americans like they used to!!

Is it only self-defense if you are indoors? If you're outside your home, you can't defend yourself? Don't allow this... it's a path of no return!

I see you are from Brazil. If you knew how our corrupt system works you would change your mind.
Unfortunately, I believe that there is no system more corrupt than that of Brazil, here the left dominated and only criminals have privileges. I believed that the USA would be better!

Unfortunately, I believe that there is no system more corrupt than that of Brazil, here the left dominated and only criminals have privileges. I believed that the USA would be better!
I thought you were describing th e U.S.? We must have used Brazil for road map. Look at what is happening To Trump while the real crook is running the country. LOL!

Sold off my non-BP's, which had gotten too expensive to feed, to get better quality flintlocks and get into reenactment for my dotage.

Latest posts

Back