• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone here own exclusively muzzle loading firearms?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1707282409048.jpg

Have rekindled my interest in black powder muzzle loading with my old flintlock. I do a fair amount of metallic cartridge reloading, which is what you have to do if you have an interest in old military rifles.

Well... since I lost all of my "firearms" in a terrible boating accident on Lake Michigan last year I have decided to make due with my muzzleloaders, throwing knives and hawks. In all honesty the Marine Corps taught me my mind is a weapon so watch out.
Ya I remember. It's me... The guy in the boat right next to you that sank trying to help. Weird we were both taking all our guns across the same day. Should have waited for the Strom to pass. Guess she was right

I like them all but this year pared down and sold my extensive military gun collection and ammo. I still like .22s, classic doubles, duck guns, modern deer rifles, and pistols.

I own 2 Flintlocks for hunting. Same of BPCR.
A stable of client BPCRs that I take on to from time to time to develop a Bullet/Load to make their owners into happy shooters. Sounds much more simple than it really is. These days I burn a lot of 2F
And then there are the other firearms mostly cherry picked estate guns.

I live alone at the end of a dead-end road out in the county with a trailer park with a substantial crack head population living there.

I am set up for a possible home invasion, that should answer your question.
Solution….
1708187987243.jpeg

I live alone at the end of a dead-end road out in the county with a trailer park with a substantial crack head population living there.

I am set up for a possible home invasion, that should answer your question.
I was in a similar situation for 30 years and my ex(s) had prescriptions for some of their favorite pharmaceuticals. I used cameras and dogs for security. Most effective of all was applying my knowledge from the chemical industry, botany and toxicology to spike all medications with a variety of synthetic and natural compounds that could sicken, maim or kill (which I've never done) at my discretion.

Natural neurotoxins for which there are no known antidotes are my favorites. Only I could tell which pills were poisoned. I informed my drug addicted and criminal close relatives who then spread the warning. I have never been robbed.

On topic: I have three older cartridge guns handed down from family, everything else is a ML or C&B. Bows and crossbows do 90+percent of my predator and varmint control in the lawn and garden.

I would assume that we have some who fall into that category but very few I would guess.

I enjoy and appreciate all types and categories of firearms. The only firearms that I don't like are cheaply made ones. They have their place I suppose, everyone regardless of their financial situation should be able to afford something for protection and/or other purposes. But they are just not for me. I stand by the old adage, you get what you pay for.
Well, let's see... 5 BP Revolers,
4 - .44cal and 1- .36 cal... and 1 .50cal Kentucky Long gun.... more coming soon....

My interest is single action revolvers and carry guns and flintlock rifles. I detest scope mounted guns. Wouldn't have one in the house.
A lot of guns are purpose built, meaning they are built to perform a certain task. Double rifles in nitro calibers were for elephants, Benchrest rifles in 6PPC are for benchrest only. I have a gun that I put together exclusively to shoot prairie dogs at distance without a spotter.

Scopes have their place, not on a flintlock I agree but they do have their place.

I did for almost 20 years after a "friend" stole the few cartridge guns I had. Finally gave in and got a Springfield M1A in 2008 & a .380 for CC. Then ended up with my Dad's 16 ga. shotguns.

Latest posts

Back