• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

John S. Brooks Muzzleloader information requested- unit cleanout

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkman

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello MuzzleloadingForum!

I hope I am posting in the correct location. I have stumbled across this nice forum after googling information on this firearm.
I acquired this firearm with little-to-no knowledge of these types of pieces. I do work for property managers to clean out units and anything I find I can keep. The original owner(s) are now deceased sadly and no known family, or I would strongly consider passing this beautiful piece down.

As far as I can tell, besides a forum like this one, there is not much information if any on this piece. I am not specifically inquiring about the value, but any information to this firearm you are kind enough to provide. It seems to be a high end replica made in 1989 by John S. Brooks. The original owner may have had initials engraved on the handle, I do not get access to names or anything like that so its only a guess. It seems to be unfired but Im not an expert. All I can tell is that the craftsmanship is off the charts and Id like to appreciate this piece as much as possible!
I have to admit, the $3000 price tag on it interested me, and I can only assume that it was sold at a gun show. Im not sure if it may have gone up or down in value since it was originally purchased. That is quite a sum of money to me, and If I do decide to sell I will go through the correct avenues of the forum, become a paid member and set a fair price on the classifieds. I would not mind keeping the firearm but I might think it would be better enjoyed in the hands of an enthusiast. Even if I did get into the hobby that might be too expensive of an entry level piece for me.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can try to look for the information you need.
Thank you so much for reading and offering any insight, I hope you have a great day! See the pictures attached

Attachments

• unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Very pretty but I’d be surprised if it would sell for the price on that tag. Probably a lot of fun to shoot but read up on how to clean it if you decide to shoot it.

Very pretty but I’d be surprised if it would sell for the price on that tag. Probably a lot of fun to shoot but read up on how to clean it if you decide to shoot it.
Thanks for your input. Im curious why you don't think it'd sell for as much as it once did? I believe you to the fullest, im just curious what may have changed since it was originally sold. Thanks again!

Thanks for your input. Im curious why you don't think it'd sell for as much as it once did? I believe you to the fullest, im just curious what may have changed since it was originally sold. Thanks again!
You should check sites that specialize in selling muzzleloaders. Track of the Wolf and Clay Smith Guns are two that I have dealt with & seeing what they have for sale & the prices will help you get a better feel for the market.

Gun like that was probably made as a commission (whoever KBH was I imagine) and the casual buyer generally won't pay the same price as a custom order. Possible with certain gunsmiths and some particularly uncommon specs, but then you need to find the right buyer.

I’m basing my statement on comparable sales and advertised prices at auctions. Originals and modern replicas don’t usually go that high unless it is a very special gun. I’m not buying and selling firearms but I always look at the prices when I see them up for sale.

Latest posts

Back