• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Newbie Here - Pedersoli Scout .50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauly Walnuts

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Brand new to muzzle loading, I shot a traditional percussion last week. I have an archery hunt coming up soon but I wanted to take a traditional rifle along with me since I enjoyed shooting a traditional last week. Im looking at the Pedersoli Scout .50. It has a 1:34 twist rate. Can anyone recommend me any conicals that would be good out of this rifle and which powder/grain charge I should use. It would be greatly appreciated.

Or if anyone can find an instock rifle that you guys think I should get instead of the scout for hunting, I would love the input.

Im looking at the hornady great plains or the powerbelt lead conicals.

Thank You.

You could start out with 50-60 grains of 3F, or 2F. 3F would give you a little more oomhf. I have been looking at the flint version of that gun myself. I think the Hornady conicals would shoot good in that gun.
You didn;t mention cap lock, or flint lock.

Dave

You could start out with 50-60 grains of 3F, or 2F. 3F would give you a little more oomhf. I have been looking at the flint version of that gun myself. I think the Hornady conicals would shoot good in that gun.
You didn;t mention cap lock, or flint lock.

Dave
I would be going with cap lock. I like the historical aspect, but I’ll worry about that on my next gun when one of their pedersoli maple Hawkins come in stock. Which brand of powder would you recommend?

Back