• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone here own exclusively muzzle loading firearms?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you are from Brazil. If you knew how our corrupt system works you would change your mind.
Used to be married to a Brazilian lady who had been a Police investigator. Many crimes are ignored until the plaintiff comes up with enough money to start the criminal process. Friend of hers was a Sargeant who refused to get promoted because it would mean a take-home much less than what he got in that position. Bought two motorcycles for his son, had them air-shipped from Miami.

Is it only self-defense if you are indoors? If you're outside your home, you can't defend yourself? Don't allow this... it's a path of no return!
Some states require you to retreat to safety before you can use deadly force. Self defense IN your home is mostly valid in the US, outside the home? Get a good lawyer!

No I don't not shoot BP exclusively.

I just got into black powder guns and do enjoy them. I find it relaxing taking a shot every 2-3 minutes. Lol
I come from building long range 22's and CF rifles. I also enjoy and indulge in Class III weapons and will always. They are a huge money pit though.

Some states require you to retreat to safety before you can use deadly force. Self defense IN your home is mostly valid in the US, outside the home? Get a good lawyer!
I was watching a podcast with two lawyers discussing self defense. The one lawyer said that he asked his clients who had WON their case if they would do it again, he said that none of them answered “yes”.

That said, I still carry and would use deadly force should someone break into my house while I was at home or threaten mine or my family’s life while in public. But I sincerely hope that I never have to use a firearm in either of those situations, it almost goes without saying that your life will never be the same.

I agree with you sentiments on inlines. A rifle designed for those that just want to kill something. It takes the whole idea of muzzleloading firearms and perverts it. IMHO
Me too. From what I see, they simply allow someone who doesn't really give a fig about our interest the ability to lengthen their hunting season using a weapon which is modern in almost all respects. Aside from a .410 shotgun, for which I have one box of 25 cartridges, was given by a friend and have never fired, all my guns are muzzleloaders. An Investarm .45 Hawken, a Jukar .45 Plains Rifle, a Pietta .44 Remington 1858, and a Pietta 1851 Colt Navy. For which I have built up a considerable stock of powder, caps and balls.

To me, modern stuff is expensive and boring, although I dare say if I lived somewhere where concealed carry was lawful I would probably get myself a point-and-squeeze. Like a 1911, or something else with at least a bit of history. Self defense in the home is ok here. For which I am absolutely confident that either of my cap and ball revolvers would do the job.

Back