• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

#10 or #11 Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Are any of you finding any #10 or #11 caps available anymore? The only places I find them available are the ones where you have to spend $150-$200 before they will ship them to you. If anyone has places that will ship smaller amounts please respond.

Maybe some Walmarts but nothing local.Ask for anything pertaining to muzzleloading or black powder and you get a blank stare.

Market is real tough right now. Getting a small amount shipped is just not a sound financial decision even when the market was good. Some vendors are gouging right now (if they have stock). Some are being fair but sell out as soon as they get a supply. Your best bet is to search all your local shops and hope to find some. I saw #10's at our Sportsman's warehouse recently for 8.99 a tin.

What I am trying to convey is I cannot get any of them sourced locally. I'm hoping someone can add a place that currently sells them and will ship without having to spend $150 to $200 at their store.
If you don't then can I help , buy your guns? Not about money but who has them ,buy em or take up a less popular sport .When there available they are in that price range and mom and pop stores sell out and cannot resupply ! My 46 yrs of buying ended last month when they went out of business ,their parting gift to me was 2 containers of BH209 stuck under the shelf ! Your guns without are fence posts ,price accordingly /Ed

If you don't then can I help , buy your guns? Not about money but who has them ,buy em or take up a less popular sport .When there available they are in that price range and mom and pop stores sell out and cannot resupply ! My 46 yrs of buying ended last month when they went out of business ,their parting gift to me was 2 containers of BH209 stuck under the shelf ! Your guns without are fence posts ,price accordingly /Ed
Not quite sure what you are trying to convey? In my original post and follow up statements were I'm simply looking for some place that has them on hand and will be able to ship them. If folks do not have any answers that's fine. I'm not out of them and rarely shoot percussion. I'm mostly shooting my rock locks but would like a few hundred more in the drawer.

Not quite sure what you are trying to convey? In my original post and follow up statements were I'm simply looking for some place that has them on hand and will be able to ship them. If folks do not have any answers that's fine. I'm not out of them and rarely shoot percussion. I'm mostly shooting my rock locks but would like a few hundred more in the drawer.
Thought I was concise and to the point ,if you don't need them then leave them for folks that do and don't cry about price cause ,there's folks that like shooting and don't care about price .It is the market place and predicament we are in and whining ain't getting it done . They are available but scarce and you will pay premium cause you set limits on spending /won't buy in quantity when found and then bitc about cost (gets old) ! /Ed

Thought I was concise and to the point ,if you don't need them then leave them for folks that do and don't cry about price cause ,there's folks that like shooting and don't care about price .It is the market place and predicament we are in and whining ain't getting it done . They are available but scarce and you will pay premium cause you set limits on spending /won't buy in quantity when found and then bitc about cost (gets old) ! /Ed
Since you are now obviously trolling my post kindly don't post back on this thread unless you have a constructive answer to my question. Nobody is crying about any prices, go back and read what I wrote.

I, like you can not find any caps. Cabella's ,Scheels, ,Sportsmans Wharehouse, etc ( Missoula, Mt. ) have none. Have gone on line, & like you , find you have to spend big bucks to get any. I have about 100 on hand, which will get me thru this next hunting season if I don't practice too much. To your question, where on line to find them at a reasonable price ??? I wish I knew. Ironic is that I have an life time supply of scrap lead on hand for casting RB or conical's.

I, like you can not find any caps. Cabella's ,Scheels, ,Sportsmans Wharehouse, etc ( Missoula, Mt. ) have none. Have gone on line, & like you , find you have to spend big bucks to get any. I have about 100 on hand, which will get me thru this next hunting season if I don't practice too much. To your question, where on line to find them at a reasonable price ??? I wish I knew. Ironic is that I have an life time supply of scrap lead on hand for casting RB or conical's.
I suppose that's the way it's going to be for awhile. I wish I had a couple of more buddies around here locally that needs a re-stock. The bright side is there is no shortages on flint.

Are any of you finding any #10 or #11 caps available anymore? The only places I find them available are the ones where you have to spend $150-$200 before they will ship them to you. If anyone has places that will ship smaller amounts please respond.

Have you thought about making your own? #11 Percussion Cap Maker – Sharpshooter 22LR Reloader (sharpshooter-22lr-reloader.myshopify.com)

I have one and made a test batch of caps with it when I first got it. Even my most persnickity/balky rifle went off just fine.

Back