• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

No 11 caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob K

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Anyone know a good source for #11 caps that will ship? I try to use Cabela because they ship to a nearby store for pickup. They send notification of new stock and I respond immediately to place an order and they are ‘out of stock’ again. Ugh.

I just paid a disgusting amount from a guy on GunBroker. Like $25 a tin. They are on the way though.

I have a ML shotgun kit coming that takes #11's, my other ML takes 209's, and I had to have them to go hunting at the end of the month, supply and demand I guess.

I'll probably start refilling them myself next time.

Not a bad idea to stick with Cabela's for now: no shipping or hazmat saves a lot of $$. Buy enough to last until they are back in stock.

Do you have an Academy Sports nearby? All the ones have went to near me have some in stock they want $9.99 a tin though.

Bass Pro is getting $15 A tin and selling as fast as they are listed. I have had 1000 on order for 6 weeks, not sure they will ever arrive.

Try Midway USA and KY Gun Club to see if they have them in stock. These days finding them in stock is a hit or miss and beware of the unknown online companies that say they have them. There are a lot of scams out there, so make sure you do your due diligence in researching the online folks that are supposed to have them. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Back