• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CCI #10 Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TarponStalker

54 Cal.
Reaction score
A few months ago my son bought some #10 CCI caps for me in Texas. He knew I needed 10s but he didn't know CCI caps were different from Remington #10s. I was thankful he was able to find caps of any size but once I got home with them I found they won't work very well in my Pietta 1851 Navy. Even after I put Slixshot nipples on it. I can possibly force them on my ROA but I don't like having to push them on so hard.
I also have a Navy Arms shotgun. Won't work on that either.
My question is what will CCI #10 caps work on? I only have 3 tins but I wonder if I can buy a set of nipples for my revolvers that these caps will work on. I hate for them to just sit not being used since caps are scarce.

It's funny how much size difference between Remington and CCI #10. My guns love Remingtons.
Thanks.

I have a bunch of #10 CCI caps left over from cap n ball days, they seem to fit fine on my T/C caplocks. Must be multiple sizes of nipples out there.
Yes. There are several sizes of threads and nipples. Some vary by just .0001 inch. I didn't know they would fit on TC rifles. Maybe my son or my friend can try them.
They will fit tightly on my guns. Even on a half stock rifle I built years ago but they're so tight that they don't go all the way down. That can cause light strikes and the need to cock and fire again. The first hammer drop only seats the cap.

It appears that I'll get to answer my own question. I recently purchased a Pietta 1860 Colt. I figured what the heck it's worth a try so I took out a tin of CCI 10s

The #10 CCI caps fit and worked perfectly in it. The CCI #11 that work on my other guns are very loose on the nipples. Actually falling off before I could fire. I know I can pinch them but I don't wanna be bothered with that unless
necessary.
I'll probably use up these caps then replace the nipples with Slixshot since #11 CCI caps are at least somewhat available and they work with Slixshot nipples.
Just thought I would update.

Back