• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where can we find percussion caps?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvaj

32 Cal
Reaction score
Finishing up a really nice build of a Traditions Hawken rifle with my son and went out to find #11 percussion caps today. None at Cabela's, Green Top, or Bass Pro. Can't find anything on line either. Did come across a site called Hunter Precision that claimed to have them, but they are just a scam set up to steal your money and don't actually have or ship product.
Hawken.jpg
Any suggestions where I can find them?

Percussion caps are definitely hit or miss. As said you can routinely check Wally World, Academy Sports, or Sportsman’s Warehouse. For online sources, Natchez Shooters Supply and Midway are reputable sources. Beware of deals to good to be true.

Appreciate it. Struck out at Cabelas and Academy today. Sportsman's might have some but 100 miles away and won't ship. Natchez and Midway are out of stock.

Grafs just now showed RWS #11 caps in stock as well as musket caps. You could also get a musket nipple for that gun from muzzleloaders.com. It’s m6x1 a1400. That’s what I did with a Thompson Center Hawken so that I can shoot either #11 or musket caps.

Grafs just now showed RWS #11 caps in stock as well as musket caps. You could also get a musket nipple for that gun from muzzleloaders.com. It’s m6x1 a1400. That’s what I did with a Thompson Center Hawken so that I can shoot either #11 or musket caps.
Thanks, I'll check that out. Would the RWS 1075+(#11) work with this gun?
Do you have a link to the musket nipple? I can't find it.

Finishing up a really nice build of a Traditions Hawken rifle with my son and went out to find #11 percussion caps today. None at Cabela's, Green Top, or Bass Pro. Can't find anything on line either. Did come across a site called Hunter Precision that claimed to have them, but they are just a scam set up to steal your money and don't actually have or ship product.View attachment 239668 Any suggestions where I can find them?
Just checked and Muzzle-Loaders.com still has CCI #11s in stock they are a little pricey at 14 dollars a tin but they have had them now for almost 3 weeks and still seem to have a supply, I just received the 500 I ordered today. They are the only online site I have found that has a good supply so good luck.

My bad. Muzzle-loaders.com does not have those nipples in stock now. However, Track of The Wolf shows them in stock. Look for the Traditions musket nipple 6-1mm. By having a #11 nipple and a musket nipple you will be able to use whatever caps you find. Hope this helps.

I just got 8 tins at the local wallmart. They had ten tins, since there are four in the family that shoot I got two tins for each of us and left two for the net guy. The clerk said he did not know if they would get anymore in or not! .Price with tax a little short of six dollars a tin/

Go to ammoseek.com - look under the primers area, and search for the keyword "percussion". Couple of hits come up, one for musket caps and one for RWS caps - 'spensive though.... https://ammoseek.com/reloading/primers?ikw=percussion

I'm about to say "fark it" and buy the tap-o-cap kit and chemicals, or sell my 1858. Probably end up converting my .54 CVA to use 209s (magspark) or maybe I can find soemthing similar to use SRP/LRP since I have thousands of those at hand for reloading.

Latest posts

Back