• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

#11 Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Powder, Inc. Has RWS and RWS+. $220 and $225 per 1000, based on what I see hazmat and shipping included. So, 22 cents a cap. Didn’t used to worry if I dropped one, but now I bend over to recover one if it can be found. About twice the cost of primers for brass casings. CCI, Winchester and Remington are no where to be found available for mail order. KYGUNCO has CCI at 2 locations for in store purchase only. And then the rare Walmart that still gets them. Very disappointed that the NMLRA hasn’t shown its members they have contacted manufacturers for answers to these shortages.
I understand what you are saying. If I drop a cap I have crawled around on the hard, cold, concrete floor until I find it.

I can’t get them to come up on the Cabelas site no matter the search criteria. It’s like they don’t carry them. They don’t show up at all.

What price were they listed at?
I think they are out of stock. They were about $14/tin of 100. It seems like you have to keep poking around every week or so hoping to find retailers that have received stock and strike while the iron is hot.

All the chat earlier in the year about CCI starting production of the caps I believe it was June and only heard of a few people actually being able to get them. Graf said they never got any. I had “notify me” all over and never received one. Last year Bass Pro in Maryland just outside Baltimore had a bunch in November but they never had any this year. One member found a few at a Walmart in Orlando FL but I did a trip to NC and checked every Walmart up Rt95 from Ft Myers FL and never found one tin. Does anyone have any info on what happened to them or was it all talk from CCI.
I live in Estero and check a few Walmarts in the area once in awhile and they never have any. The guy in the sporting goods dept has never seen any either. I have had the cap making kit for a couple years and had good results with it. In fact last night I made about 50 of them. I’m going to keep making them until I have a few hundred. I have about 400 Remington caps and about 700 RWS 1075’s but I want to use them sparingly since the prices and availability are ridiculous right now.

Right now would be a good time for a company to release another electrical ignition. I've always thought that you could use a piezoelectric system or spark ignition. Not exactly traditional, but it's better than not having caps.

My Walmart is ghetto ....they haven't had any #11 caps all year even though they have a couple of spots on the pegboard shelf where they are supposed to hang.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Both of the wally worlds near me got a pack of ten tins at the beginning of deer archery season but don't expect any more until next year, I was lucky to be at the store when they arrived at the closest one .So I bought two tins for each member of the family who shoot and left the rest for the next guy/

Those sites that have a minimum of like 200 dollar orders and want you to pay other that CCards are scammers. I have started to order to get to the payment and they say use zell or PayPal f and f you better stay away! There have been many horror stories on here about the ripoffs!!!

Those sites that have a minimum of like 200 dollar orders and want you to pay other that CCards are scammers. I have started to order to get to the payment and they say use zell or PayPal f and f you better stay away! There have been many horror stories on here about the ripoffs!!!
This can't be stressed enough. If they don't take a credit or debit card, it's a scam. There's been so many of those sites popping up recently.

Well if anyone ever sees them available at one of the legitimate box stores please order what you need and start a thread here on the forum so other members can cash in as well.

1stnamebassist the closest Walmart around here I ever found them was in Arcadia on Rt 31 and that was the year before last!
I know that Walmart. It’s a shame caps are so difficult to find, but that’s why I started making them. I bought a role of .005 aluminum on Amazon, and it works really well. I like it better than the cans.

I found out that not every Walmart would carry the muzzleloading stuff. The closer to downtown areas, likely not. I guess they figure city folks don't ever hunt or shoot BP. They forget that a bunch of country folk work in the city.

Latest posts

Back