• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id love to have a woods runner or colonial, but right now it’s just not in the cards. I’m on short term medical.. then when I do get releases I’ll be laid off! I can’t catch a break!
I went throug the same thing. Back surgery and then two layoffs in a 12 month period. I went from $33 per Hour down to $22 per hour. Yikes.

I just got through finishing a SMR Sunday late. On Tuesday I got the same flier offering a $75 discount on a Woodsrunner. They aren't giving me much breathing room. I have four flinters now,I'll wait until my friend gets his and drool over it. You know, these things can become addictive.
What do you mean "can become addictive" That is a proven fact!!;);)

Got my Colonial 50 cal in Cherry and will be hunting with it this fall, ordered a Woodsrunner few months back, should be here in Dec, got the Flyer so will be ordering the SMH, already have a custom Fowler and a TC Hawken 50, so time to find a Virginia style, maybe a chambers

I got thinking about that the other day. Based on his close adherence to historical style i think it will be percussion. That has me wondering if a fowler will come first using the Colonial/Woodsrunner lock.
The Fowler will have the round face English lock and I believe I heard him say his Hawken will be percussion

I’ve had both shoulders repaired, and many other joints redone. 50 + years practicing a full contact martial art will do that to you. This last rotator cuff had totally detached (bicycle mishap) and the repair was massive. I’m just getting close to normal use back after 9 months. I placed my WR order a couple of weeks ago. I'm getting another surgery this Dec and I had hoped to have the kit to work on as I recover. Probably won’t get it until spring now. Oh well.

E.eastern, I can truly empathize with your problems. I taught martial arts for nearly 50 years before retiring. But it was boxing that ruined my shoulders. This was in the 1990s and had both operated on over nearly two years. I'm retired now but both shoulders lost strength and still pain me sometimes. I would still be teaching or at least training extensively but severe ra and severe spinal deterioration put the breaks on near everything. But I can at least shoot all my flintlocks with little to no discomfort.

I probably have enough flintlocks already, it doesn't take very many to cover all hunting, target and fun shooting. But Kibler's Woodsrunner is the ideal rifle for me but likely won't ever be able to get one. I promised years ago that I'd stop and would not acquire any more MLs. But it is still ideal and my wish rifle.

Hanshi......what if you let one of your flinters (least used?) go down the road and you fill in behind it with a Woodsrunner ?
This is a continuous "discussion" I have with my other half when I'm pondering a new/different gun.
I do not have a fintlock, but am considering a Kibler, but first must generate the resources from another firearm (or sell a nice wall tent).
Just thinking out loud..

Back