• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sourcing barrels for 2009 era Pietta NMA in Navy caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokefire

32 Cal
Reaction score
Trying to find a Pietta barrel compatible with a CD proofmarked one (2009) according to my research, any length is fine, as it’s going to be cut shorter.

Would threads from a modern Pietta .36 NMA barrel be compatible with the older threads? Is there a specific cut off date?

Thanks for the lead on this… I will try to contact them and see what they say. It’s odd to me that they don’t list any barrel length option only the barrel for $99 ….

https://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=67&cat=Pietta+1858+Remington,+Tiro

I have no idea if the current barrel produced will fit but they have them here usually.

Here’s an interesting follow up question: can a Pietta NMN from 2009 be converted to NMA simply by swapping in a .44 barrel and .44 cylinder? Someone told me the frame is “the same” but I’m not sure if that is to be taken literally. I imagine the cylinder pin and the loading rammer (or at least the head) might have to be swapped out as well.

Here’s an interesting follow up question: can a Pietta NMN from 2009 be converted to NMA simply by swapping in a .44 barrel and .44 cylinder? Someone told me the frame is “the same” but I’m not sure if that is to be taken literally. I imagine the cylinder pin and the loading rammer (or at least the head) might have to be swapped out as well.
I can swap cylinders in the
44 and 36 and they both cycle and lock up normally.

And this is on a Pietta 1858 steel frame or brass? Any idea what year the frame was made and what year the cylinders are from?
Both are stamped 2023 steel frame piettas one from midway and one from Muzzle-Loaders. com.

Both are stamped 2023 steel frame piettas one from midway and one from Muzzle-Loaders. com.
How was the purchase experience Midway vs ML.com? I see Midway has some interesting items but it seems like Taylor’s is what everyone talks about. What method does Midway use to ship?

How was the purchase experience Midway vs ML.com? I see Midway has some interesting items but it seems like Taylor’s is what everyone talks about. What method does Midway use to ship?
I think it was fedex or ups if I remember right.
Midway is excellent to deal with ime.

I was told last week by Mike at VTI to call first to check stock. Like every thing these days, they can’t guarantee every listed item is in stock.
I talked with him yesterday. He has the .36 barrel in stock. I’m trying to figure out how the front site and loading lever retainer can be reinstalled if the barrel is cut down. Anyone know if these items are threaded at all or if they are just a “press fit”? Approx hole width and depth?

Back