• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Woodsrunner in Extra Fancy Maple

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm leaning towards a stock that's not engraved since this would be a hunting rifle for the dedicated PA flintlock season.
I’m not sure why or how an ‘engraved’ (aka carved) stock would be detrimental to a dedicated hunting rifle. Get what you want and like, then use it, unless your plan is to save them for future generations to sell at a pawn shop, or you just want to have some guns for ‘looking at’ and other guns for ‘hunting’ and shooting, though an expensive option. Personally gave up on separating any reproduction guns in use or collect types categories years ago. Why? And I have actually hunted with original guns, only retiring original guns to the ‘looking at’ category if they had functional issues, though none of mine are what one would confuse with high end museum grade guns.

One more time. Get what you like and want.

I’m not sure why or how an ‘engraved’ (aka carved) stock would be detrimental to a dedicated hunting rifle. Get what you want and like, then use it, unless your plan is to save them for future generations to sell at a pawn shop, or you just want to have some guns for ‘looking at’ and other guns for ‘hunting’ and shooting, though an expensive option. Personally gave up on separating any reproduction guns in use or collect types categories years ago. Why? And I have actually hunted with original guns, only retiring original guns to the ‘looking at’ category if they had functional issues, though none of mine are what one would confuse with high end museum grade guns.

One more time. Get what you like and want.
I really like my Cherry stock kibler colonial smoothbore. No dye just plain oil finish and natural sun. i think you would be very pleased with a cherry Woodsrunner.

Attachments

• 20230501_130210.jpg
    20230501_130210.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230417_162004.jpg
    20230417_162004.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230417_161846.jpg
    20230417_161846.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 0
Back