• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

weight of trigger pull on a Kibler Woodsrunner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a question about the weight of the trigger pull on a Kibler Woodsrunner, and does it have an adjustable trigger? Wondering if it is about the same as the SMR with set triggers.

The single trigger pins through the stock. It isn't readily adjustable. Polishing the top of the bar to a mirror is a good idea. Kibler set up the geometry perfectly on the Woodsrunner and it has an excellent pull weight and letoff. I haven't measured it but a friend has on his and he came up with two pounds, which is incredible for a muzzleloader trigger and can be attributed to the trigger geometry and the excellent lock.

I did this on my Kibler colonial to take out the trigger flop sure made a difference IMO.

Attachments

• 20221017_150923.jpg
    20221017_150923.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 0
I have a question about the weight of the trigger pull on a Kibler Woodsrunner, and does it have an adjustable trigger? Wondering if it is about the same as the SMR with set triggers.
For hunting I dislike a set trigger. That deer standing there will hear the load click of the set!

I did this on my Kibler colonial to take out the trigger flop sure made a difference IMO.
If you shoot in wet or even damp weather, you need that flop. There should be around 1/16" - 1/8" of free swing on a simple single pinned trigger.

I did have to widen the trigger slot a bit, as there was some drag there.

I'm another who has no use for a set trigger for hunting or field use. Simplify!

The one and only Kibler Kit I assembled, had a highly acceptable 2 lb trigger from the start. I did nothing special except careful assembly. I wouldn’t be at all concerned. BJH
PS In my opinion, a hunting gun should have never less than 2 to 3 pounds of pull due to cold excited fingers. For safety.

I want a little slack. I don’t want pressure on the sear unless I am pulling the trigger. The screw is however clever.
I polish the top of the trigger.
My WR is over three pounds. The Colonials I have built were less than 3.
If you want an exact measurement I can do it again.

I guess I'm pretty use to set triggers as only 3 long guns of mine have single triggers. Never had a problem hunting with set triggers however.

For hunting I dislike a set trigger. That deer standing there will hear the load click of the set!
How do you avoid the ‘click’ when you bring your gun to full cock so animals don’t hear it? Betting you don’t keep the gun cocked. If you put pressure on the trigger while cocking you are doing the same thing you would do when setting a trigger (two trigger set up). All comes down to practice and muscle memory.

Most of my traditional muzzleloaders have set triggers. Those that don’t, have their single triggers worked down to a pull weight of between 2 and 3 pounds.

My current hunting rifle has a set trigger, because the kit came that way, The set trigger had a cross threaded adjustment screw from the factory, I rethreaded the hole and put a new screw in it but there are not enough threads in the hole to keep the screw tight and in adjustment. I could go up a screw size but the front trigger works just fine unset.

Like others I don't like a set trigger for hunting, I have had too many cold, numb finger neglect discharges when I was drawing down on a deer.

I only use the front trigger on this rifle when I am hunting. After reading this discussion I got out my fancy digital trigger pull scale and checked this front trigger, it trips at just a little less than 4# which is fine for me and my hunting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back