• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's going on with Dixie Gunworks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too just ordered a firearm from Dixie - even if I takes a while, I’m good with that. Over these many years, never had a real problem with them, and returns seem to be handled promptly, and without hassle.

I ordered a rifle in March, on the front page of the website they say 3 to 4 weeks to ship, 3 weeks and 2 days later the rifle arrived.

DGW is like every place else, they had a Christmas rush with all the spenders of the Covid funds sent out and run out of inventory. Good thing they don't sell toilet paper. I'm waiting on an order from TOTW that i ordered over a year ago, right after the first stimulus check and was told it was like Christmas around their.

i as talking to the manager of a local Black Powder shooting store. They used to have about 10 mail orders a week. Now they are running over a hundred a week. They have to take care of walk in customers, unpack and stock materials, do ordering, pic pack and ship mail orders. All the normal things a company does. But they are a small outfit with limited staff and no body is getting rich on the kind and quantity of stuff we all want yesterday. I am grateful for the hard work and service i have received over the years. That also includes DGW and the others just trying to get by. If they were gone were would we get our toys.

George

i as talking to the manager of a local Black Powder shooting store. They used to have about 10 mail orders a week. Now they are running over a hundred a week. They have to take care of walk in customers, unpack and stock materials, do ordering, pic pack and ship mail orders. All the normal things a company does. But they are a small outfit with limited staff and no body is getting rich on the kind and quantity of stuff we all want yesterday. I am grateful for the hard work and service i have received over the years. That also includes DGW and the others just trying to get by. If they were gone were would we get our toys.

George

The local gun shop.

You missed my point. Dixie had what I ordered. They were too busy to ship it before 6 weeks and changed way too much. Plus, they limited how many I could buy.

I doubt the local shop buys ammo from Dixie.

That's simply not true. I already mentioned I can order from Muzzle-Loaders or October Country and the order is shipped in 1-2 days.
Just sit back and hope your goods are on the next wagon train, and that Indians, Outlaws, and flooded river crossings don’t get them before you do.

You missed my point. Dixie had what I ordered. They were too busy to ship it before 6 weeks and changed way too much. Plus, they limited how many I could buy.

I doubt the local shop buys ammo from Dixie.
They are still in business. I ordered a percussion revolver from them 2 months ago, it took 4 weeks to get it but it came, they are real6behind on filling orders.

They are still in business. I ordered a percussion revolver from them 2 months ago, it took 4 weeks to get it but it came, they are real6behind on filling orders.

That doesn't matter to me. If you were in my situation you would have cancelled the order too. I don't want to explain the deal again. I have nothing against Dixie. I never bought much from them to begin with because of their prices. I was desperate for some caps when I put in my order. It was a bad deal to begin with but got worse. When I found a much better deal somewhere else and Dixie doubled the time my order would take to deliver I cancelled it.

Called Dixie today and phone was answered promptly. Asked the lady about the horn straps they had in their catalog. Asked her about the colors they had and she went through the straps they had describing the colors of the straps. I picked a color and placed my order. She explained that shipping might take a couple of weeks and that was fine with me. Thanked her and told her I hoped they stayed around for along time and she said they intended to. Will get more of my business.

I am happy with Dixie and their ability to handle stocking and shipping in these times. I ordered the 1807 harpers flintlock pistol on May 14 and received it May 28. I ordered flints on May 21 and received them June 3rd (tomorrow by UPS). They are doing a good job. Maybe we've been spoiled with fast orders and shipping and overstocks pre-Covid times. We are muzzleloaders and patience is built in considering we load powder, then wad, then ball. Oh...some of us still wet our thumbs and touch the front site.

My last order was for caps... of course as soon as I did a competitor recieved stock and charged half the hazmat fee... regardless, it was 2 weeks to ship and 3 days UPS to arrive at my door. What really ticks me off is the $5 UPS signature fee, when drivers now just drop them on your porch in plain sight...

I just bought caps from them too. I waited quite some time for them the first batch. These came surprisingly quick. Hopefully some of this nonsense is over.

I'm still seeing businesses one after another , still suffering shortages of manpower. Restaurants are using high school students for waitresses. Business are giving up and selling out. This has not happened on this scale in my lifetime. I dunno where it's going. For young inexperienced folks , there is opportunity not seen before , if they are willing to put down the I-phones , learn and work.

I just decided to go up there since it is just a 4 hour drive from here in N AL. That town was hit hard by Covid and yes they are backed up. Alot of places were closed down on the main town road. They were very friendly as always but these are a bunch of older ladies not you typical warehouse group and yes they do work slowly. They are also a small business as I do not think they actually employ more than about 15 to 20 people. If you need anything fast than either I would go someplace else for the business or call and ask for express shipping.

Placed my order on 05/25/2021 and it was shipped on 06/03/2021. They are actually shipping faster than they notify you of shipping date. Things are getting better.

Probably it's pretty hard.
Dixie Gun Works is in Union City, Tennessee. The whole town would fit in a 4 mile X 4 mile square and it's population is only about 12,000.
Training people to work takes time and I'm pretty sure all of the current Dixie employee's are busy packing and shipping things to their customers so they don't have the time to train newcomers.

Getting younger people to apply for jobs is a real problem.
Getting them to stick around after being trained is even harder.
People with marketable job skills are not going to work for low wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back