• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's going on with Dixie Gunworks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, DGW is having staffing issues associated with COVID-19, like a lot of other companies.

I readily cut them some slack, and just waited for my orders to arrive.

I've ordered a couple of different things online from them @ different times recently, and eventually got them - but I would think that any items they have to obtain from various sources would also be difficult for them to get.

For instance, one other supplier told me that a patch box I wanted was out of stock, and they didn't know when the person who was making that particular item would have some more for them.

Yesterday recieved order after about 3 weeks for revolver internal parts, excellent job shipping as usual, just slower. Most of Dixies staff is very loyal, and have been there forever. I hope they can hang on and keep supplying the ML demand. Please be patient, They're trying, God bless 'em.

I run a hardware security business and there was a delay from one of my manufacturers so I asked what was the problem. They said they could not finish building my orders because they could not get the parts they needed from the powder coat paint vendor. The powder coat painter was running two shifts to keep up with demand, but last year he lost a few people and now he cannot find anyone to work because they cannot pay them as much as the people will get by staying home and collecting the extra federal unemployment!

So Joe's program is great for the guy staying home, but the painting company, my manufacturer, and my business are all suffering because we are losing business due to lack of materials! There should be a mandate that nobody can collect more money from the government by staying home than they normally would make by working.

if your ordering parts that come from Italy - good luck. There are no aircraft for shipping. So over the water takes months and months.

I run a hardware security business and there was a delay from one of my manufacturers so I asked what was the problem. They said they could not finish building my orders because they could not get the parts they needed from the powder coat paint vendor. The powder coat painter was running two shifts to keep up with demand, but last year he lost a few people and now he cannot find anyone to work because they cannot pay them as much as the people will get by staying home and collecting the extra federal unemployment!

So Joe's program is great for the guy staying home, but the painting company, my manufacturer, and my business are all suffering because we are losing business due to lack of materials! There should be a mandate that nobody can collect more money from the government by staying home than they normally would make by working.

How were you doing when the other guy was in charge?

Ever since a heated exchange with a popular supplier I’ve instituted a personal policy which that supplier made crystal clear, “if it’s Out of Stock, DON’T order it!!”
If their website doesn’t list stock status, i think twice.
Unless it’s The Rifle Shoppe, which Really is a family operation, 3 in fact. I’m lucky i ordered before I turned 65 !! It’s only been 2 years which was the pre-covid average... any day now :p

Stick with DGW. They will tell you right up front what they can and cannot do. I ordered a revolver and was told it was in stock but it would probably not be shipped for six weeks. Five weeks later the card was hit and the item shipped. Truth counts with me.

Stick with DGW. They will tell you right up front what they can and cannot do. I ordered a revolver and was told it was in stock but it would probably not be shipped for six weeks. Five weeks later the card was hit and the item shipped. Truth counts with me.

Truth counts with me too. I ordered two tins of musket caps because they had a two tin limit. With Hazmat and shipping it was going to cost me $60 but nobody else had them at the time. Website said 2-3 weeks delivery. That changed to 5-6 weeks. I cancelled and ordered from Muzzle-Loaders who just got in some caps. I had them in 4 days at much less money and there was no limit on how many I could buy.

We've been trying to hire for my optometry office in WV and I'm having major trouble even getting people listed on job sites to respond to requests for interviews. We've scheduled several for interviews who didn't even show up or call.

Last edited by a moderator:
As Treestalker mentioned, I placed an order & didn't become all flustered because it wasn't shipped in 48 hours. DGW's homepage prominently stated at the time that it was taking staff 3 to 4 weeks just to fill orders. Knowing that at the outset was good, & I patiently waited. DGW fills its orders & packages them quite well. I received my order within 3 weeks which, according to their notice, was actually an early arrival! Considering their service over the past 2 decades as well as the challenges faced since March of last year, I'll not withdraw loyalty from DGW nor from other reputable firms.

If reports were amassing of orders not being filled &/or of receiving incorrect merchandise, then it'd be time to shake the dust off my boots & move on. That's what makes this forum such an asset! We can learn almost to the moment when businesses misbehave or become mismanaged. With the added pressure of politically charged panic buying, DGW as well as other businesses are doing the best they can with what they have under far less than ideal circumstances. Remain calm, be vigilant & stay the course.

I shopped for a Uberti replica of the 1858 Remington for a couple months before I found one in stock at DGW. It was also listed at the best price I had seen at #395.00. Web site declared 3-4 week shipping delay. Recently, after 4 weeks, it was on my porch. I was surprised to see it was in a Taylor's & Co. box. This gun has been listed at $407.95 and as, "out of stock" for past several months on the Taylor's Web site. So, I am as impatient as anyone but I think I have good reason to thank DGW.

So how hard is it to hire people to box up parts and match it with the paperwork. :dunno:

I know in the auto body industry parts are a nightmare. You have a Toyota corolla hit rt front. Needs a headlamp and a fender. NP? Problem. The gentlemen in the parts dept. at the warehouse speaks little to no English, sees the order list and "Toyota" is familiar? He goes to the Toyota isle and looks for your headlamp and boxes it up and you promptly receive a headlamp for a 1981 Toyota Corsica! The fender you receive has holes for a molding not on your customers vehicle so we start over (the first time). WTH do you want for $8.00 an hour???

The problem is aint nobody gives a manure about "nuffin" any more.

The market will not with stand much more from any business, especially when those who are un-employed are making more money than when working, Our suppliers need our support and understanding with the situations they now face, if we gripe and condemn them they will not survive through this mess. Have a understanding on delayed shipping and such things involved, or they will also close there doors and make our hobby even more difficult to sustain. Blame it on the Gov. or the wu flu or whatever, But right now is a time of waiting and support for those who support us.

The Mrs and I were on a short vacation to Tennessee last week. The restaurants in both Kentucky and Tenn are very short on help and long on waits. I was told by a local they cannot find people to work because they make as much if not more money on unemployment. Imagine Dixie is having the same problem with minimum wage workers.

I shopped for a Uberti replica of the 1858 Remington for a couple months before I found one in stock at DGW. It was also listed at the best price I had seen at #395.00. Web site declared 3-4 week shipping delay. Recently, after 4 weeks, it was on my porch. I was surprised to see it was in a Taylor's & Co. box. This gun has been listed at $407.95 and as, "out of stock" for past several months on the Taylor's Web site. So, I am as impatient as anyone but I think I have good reason to thank DGW.

I have a brand new one in the box. Was going to list it here but started thinking what will it be worth tomorrow or next week. Noticed that many sellers are listing popular items as "out of stock". I think they just going to hold onto stuff as long as they can to see where this outrageous inflationary period takes prices.

if your ordering parts that come from Italy - good luck. There are no aircraft for shipping. So over the water takes months and months.
I ordered a couple of parts that have to come from Italy yesterday. The lady taking my order said it could take up to 3 months if the order gets filled before they take the summer off for vacation. I would have liked a 2-3 month vacation.

Reactions: JHB
Does anyone know what's going on with Dixie Gun Works? Are they no longer in business? I placed an order with them on Feb 26th and still haven't received anything. I've tried their contact us form 3 times and no answer from them. Today I tried calling both their 800 number and the 731 number and both go to being unable to complete due to the called party being unavailable. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for your inconvenence but I ordered an 1861 Uberti . It took app 5 weeks to arrive but they are always helpful and tried to answere all questions for me.
I did call once and got right through. The revolver arrived just fine and I was able to track the shipment !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back