• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's going on with Dixie Gunworks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about politics outside the American Politics section of the forum is against the rules.

Stick with talking about Dixie Gunworks without getting into political issues or I'll delete your post and close this thread.

union city just had some bad storms sun. a lot of power outage. trees, lines,roofs off. Im just north about 45min. in ky. two ef 1s went down ten/ky line. give them time to heal, they have home n familys also.

So how hard is it to hire people to box up parts and match it with the paperwork. :dunno:

Quite difficult. First, the persons need to be able to read and write English. Then they need to know which addresses are within the USA, and which are not, such as New Mexico vs New Brunswick, and they can shunt the international orders to the area that covers customs and international postage.

Quite difficult. First, the persons need to be able to read and write English. Then they need to know which addresses are within the USA, and which are not, such as New Mexico vs New Brunswick, and they can shunt the international orders to the area that covers customs and international postage.

They didn't have a problem filling out the unemployment paperwork.

Same guys who put my new log splitter together

Attachments

• 20210423_155346.jpg
    20210423_155346.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 105
DGW tells you up front to expect a delay and if you accept that, then place your order. If you don't accept that, go elsewhere. No reason to complain about what they tell you to expect. They are a small family operated business and quite often have what others do not. I buy from them because I know they will not renig on the order and you will get what you order eventually. In my last three orders, they have beaten the time that they predicted. I am quite happy with that and the quality of goods that I get from them. Other places I've dealt with are slow also, It seems the high demand has placed a big burden on all the retailers.
Dixie rocks.

I like Dixie primarily because they stand behind their products. I have had problems & they solved them without question. The waiting time is something I don’t like anymore than anyone else but I feel comfortable with buying from them. The gunsmith has been helpful as well. I buy other things for the sport elsewhere but I’ve gotten my cap guns from Dixie because I trust them.

Have personally been buying stuff from Dixie for over 30 years. Some ups and downs but they have always come through. They currently are up front on their website with the potential delays. Don’t understand why so called traditional muzzleloaders eat their own and then complain about lack of suppliers. Remember when it took a month or so at best to receive an item after you put your order form and check in the mail. The good old days I guess...... And for what it is worth, in recents times if has taken 10+ days for Second Day Delivery to arrive at my door for items shipped by members of this forum. With tracking. Appears some forum members would want me to blast these sellers and cancel my offer because of the long shipping times.

As far as just hiring help, aware of a couple of local job fares that drew zero applicants for jobs in the $15 to $20 an hour range. Just the way it is. As always, just my opinion.

Cancel the order by email and take your business elsewhere. I have.
And yet no one complains, takes their business elsewhere, that to get a rifle kit from some folks, because they are upfront with wait time, that it may take 6 months to get their kit they ordered. Some folks on here have said they waited 2 YEARS to get the part they ordered from places. And that was in none covid times! I have heard a saying patience is a virtue. I know i do not have enough of it, so i have been told by swmbo'd. DGW is upfront with order times if in stock. Would be nice to be treated consistently with all others.

3-4 weeks delay in shipping from DGW, really isn’t that bad.... just place your order earlier!
Problem solved.

The USPS is a horse of a different color now....
Without any promises of when or if your package will be delivered ...

How were you doing when the other guy was in charge?
Business was great until COVID. Problem started with Congress passing the overly generous unemployment payments under Trump. Now that many businesses are trying to get back into normal production, the government continues to make it more rewarding for many people to collect unemployment.

I think Dixie has been fantastic through all of this. Why would you hire more employees, pay to train them, take on the responsibility for them, when the stock itself is not there? With Dixie, if you order it, you get it. They are only about a month out. Midway, mentioned above, also has been fantastic. Who else is taking backorders for hard to get things and shipping them? I don't know how anyone could whine in this environment if you are actually getting something for the normal price.

Business was great until COVID. Problem started with Congress passing the overly generous unemployment payments under Trump. Now that many businesses are trying to get back into normal production, the government continues to make it more rewarding for many people to collect unemployment.
I guess some of you guys just don't get it when the Moderator says no political posts,except in those categories that are for those comments.Going on about the America workforce who can't read or tell countries apart,and some of you guys cant even keep on track in a simple thread !! I suppose all you guys gave your stimulus checks back to the Goverment.Sorry, Sorry that line may have been Political.

I guess some of you guys just don't get it when the Moderator says no political posts,except in those categories that are for those comments.Going on about the America workforce who can't read or tell countries apart,and some of you guys cant even keep on track in a simple thread !! I suppose all you guys gave your stimulus checks back to the Goverment.Sorry, Sorry that line may have been Political.

Nope! I bought a gun with it. :) Thanks, Joe.

And as far as Dixie,I bought a Sharps rifle from them about two months ago.Took about 10 days to process the order and 4 days shipping. Got a Rifle no one else had,it was on sale,and they shipped it for $16 dollars. Not bad in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back