• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried out my new .44 Guns of the West paper cartridge kit. I made a few with Johnston and Dow conicals, then a few with round balls. It wasn't until I was done that I realized I picked up my .490 balls instead of .454
:doh: Oh well, mostly a success and fun to make too.
20210626_213128.jpg

Nothing major Black powder related but loaded a few hundred rounds of 28 gauge 3/4 ounce #6s and # 8s for the upcoming hunting seasons for doves, rabbits and squirrels (while the leaves are on then its the 32 Cal). Did get the all the small bores out and wipe with oily rag and run oil patch down barrel all is good there ready to shoot hopefully work will slow down soon.

Got the 45's finished last night for my friend who is new into black powder.
He will likely drop by with the bullet blocks he is making for them today.
Now we wait to see how his hunting trips go this fall.
I think I am as excited as he is about his upcoming hunt.
And yes - these are pistol bullets, 99.9% soft lead, .452 at 232 gr. - but they are sized correctly for his bore and the ones he already shot for a test run - shot 2"-3" groups at 100 yards without tumbling. These should open up nicely and dump all of the energy in a thin skinned animal like a white tail.
I have successfully taken 2 deer with these in a pistol - so I know they will fly great and kill easily.

20210626_170322.jpg

knapped some flints, made some patches, knapped a point just for a change, broke the main spring on my 1970 cva mountain rifle, cussed a little, shot my mortimer, that got me back into a good mood. discovered if i close the frizzen over the pan when i load about 2g of powder comes out into the pan! i shot 20 shots and had to prime twice! does that make my flintlock a fully semi automatic assault rifle?
got to hot to shoot and was time to bar-b-que so i snuck some rock into the grill to heat treat. wife muttered something about old school, wait maybe it was old fool. 👴

yes i checked my vent and its right tight 1/16th

I do not haul them off. Feed them to my dogs. I have 10 pecan trees and 20 oak trees around my yard, 2 acres, and you would think they would go for the acorns. Noooooooo they go for the pecans first and my cardinal bird feeders. So i show no mercy. Soooo my Marlin model 60, CCI Mini Mag solids and my 4x40 power Bushnell scope has had a field day so far this year. My dogs are happy. I am happy. The tree rats are SOL.
DL

The county thinks they are doing me a favor by sending their tractor and mower to cut the ditches if front of my house. I try to get there before they do but sometimes they beat me to it.They don't bother cleaning off the mower deck before making a swath through your ditch. What they are really doing is spreading grassburrs. My little corner of the block has their ditches. So I was busy digging up burrs then mowing.I only spent a couple of hours on it but I'm bushed.

The county thinks they are doing me a favor by sending their tractor and mower to cut the ditches if front of my house. I try to get there before they do but sometimes they beat me to it.They don't bother cleaning off the mower deck before making a swath through your ditch. What they are really doing is spreading grassburrs. My little corner of the block has their ditches. So I was busy digging up burrs then mowing.I only spent a couple of hours on it but I'm bushed.
Just be glad they haven't yet figured out how to use one of those infernal Leaf Blowing gadgets!!🤬

Well, I had an interesting day. Went to pick up my shotgun and discovered my drivers license expired today so they couldn't accept it, this was after waiting almost two hours at Sportsmans Warehouse until my number was called. It was that busy. MVD is only open by appoinment right now so I took the easy route and did the renewal online. Just now I finally received my temporary DL via email. All that made me look at my vehicle registration, yup it expired Aug 2020.......... Got the emissions inspection and have an appointment at the MVD tomorrow. Then I'll go and pick up my new shotgun.

I plan on building two powder horns for Christmas gifts from these buffalo horns. I still have a LONG way to go,
7DCC23D1-42D3-433A-B382-7E4DD75CF177.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back