• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent today, and the last few days sweating in this New England heat wave that's so bad it's about like a normal day in my native Georgia. Global warming, fellas.

At least up here it cools off at night which is something that NEVER happened during my 62 years in the Peach State.

Worked on building my first muzzleloader. I had a bunch of wood to remove. Next up is inleting the barrel.

Attachments

• 20210629_160019.jpg
    20210629_160019.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 78
Last Christmas someone donated 4 ceiling fans to our little church. I just installed #3 today. I could have had all 4 installed 5 months ago but I'm retired and I work at my pace now. Besides this is free volunteer work.

I need to add to the muzzleloader build I did today. My AC died, luckily its was 96 today here. I changed out a few parts and found out my compressor went bad. That's above my level so now the wait begins for the repair guy. On the bright side it will be 96 again tomorrow.

was so hot today stayed indoors all day sitting in a beanbag naked eating cheetos.
not really just wanted to leave you with that visual!
spent all day sewing a elk hide sleeve for my flinter. somebody will pick it apart but it covers my mortimer. tomorrow i cut the fringes. and the flap. add some porky pine quills etc.
20210629_221903.jpg

When I worked at the NRA UK I had the pleasure of meeting Bill Curtis, shooting with 'The Old Accoutrementarians'.

Years later I emailed Bill and asked his advice on building my TRS Baker Kit. His advice boiled down to "Sell it and buy an Enfield!"

Recently, I re-read one of Bill's articles, having bought and Enfield, and decided that I wanted a 65gn spout for my paper cartridges. So today I made one, I have made them in different capacities, this one on the right, is my 'BC spout' in memory of a lovely Gentleman.

I have a lot of unmentionable consumables in my shed and I thought 'I wonder if.............'

So I did and it holds 48gn Swiss 2.

Spouts.jpg

That's what I did today, now I'm going to have a cup of Char and doze in front of the Wimbledon tennis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back