• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
spent the day in town............. a fate worse than death!
when i got home i knapped half a dozen flints. made a dozen char cloths. in other words goofed off.
except for town. spent the morning there cleaning a vrbo vacation rental. not sure its worth it.
The nice thing about a day in town is how much you appreciate coming back home.
(I DO like visiting the good deli in town. )

Celebrating the military retirement of #2 daughter. 20 years Army Combat Medic with three tours in The Sandbox!

wm
Woody, please give your daughter a hug and kiss for me. I would kiss her feet if i could. wouldn't be here today but for a Army Combat Medic.

Sorry the hear about the bad reaction to the Jab,Smoothy. Mine both went thru' perfectly OK. Spent to-day making a new main string for a friends Stormer Target pistol. Just off to Harden and Temper it..Then may be a pint at the local as it's a nice evening.. OLD DOG..

Same here - never felt a thing either time. Our local pub has just reopened after being closed for FIVE years. It was built around 1700, or so. It's on a road that used to be the main route North from London to York and it's situated at the bottom of Vinegar Hill, so called because of the stuff they used to give horses to drink to get them to the top of the climb an a change.

1624567360104.png

Last edited:
Same here - never felt a thing either time. Our local pub has just reopened after being closed for FIVE years. It was built around 1700, or so. It's on a road that used to be the main route North from London to York and it's situated at the bottom of Vinegar Hill, so called because of the stuff they used to give horses to drink to get them to the top of the climb an a change.

View attachment 82447
Cool, a real Roman highway running by your local watering hole. I loved the "Time Team" series and all your history. BTW, it appears your "STOP" is on the wrong side of the road 😅

Cool, a real Roman highway running by your local watering hole. I loved the "Time Team" series and all your history. BTW, it appears your "STOP" is on the wrong side of the road 😅

Yup, that is why it's called The Great North Road - still, even though the main 8-lane highway is half a mile to the East...as for the road markings, well, let's say we've gotten used to them now. Just be grateful you're not here...

1624572087395.png

This one might cause a degree of alarm among furriners, unaware what a 'cat's eye' actually is...
1624572355818.png

Last edited:
Reading about muffs reminds me of a story I heard a while back. A local businessman, renowned for being bit of a grimp, was persuaded to buy his wife a fur coat for her birthday. He found her one that was made of about three-thousand hamster pelts. That evening he took her out to a local amusement park to sample the rides. He told us afterwards that it had taken him three days to get her off the Big Wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back