• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What did you do today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cut the fringe on the sleeve. think i am going to find a bean bag and cheetos and get nekked for the rest of the day!
20210630_084437.jpg

Yesterday.......Mrs BPMS, my daughter and I are going home from a Texas vacation. Drove 2000+ miles touring places in TN, Arkansas and Texas. Spent a day shooting black powder with the Red River Renegades in northern TX. That video will be posted after I get it edited soon.
This was taken yesterday in St Louis at 130pm....home to eastern KY by 830pm. Slept in my own bed last night. Vacations are nice, but home is better.
206441515_10219398155696072_4961147086821070084_n.jpg

Finished re-re-re-re assembling the basket case:
20210630_213909.jpg

Cast some balls for the basket case - and some more balls for my Frontier .54
20210630_153208.jpg

Made a ham, egg, onion, cheese and spinach quiche - and then ate 2 slices with a little TX-TX Ghost sauce.
20210630_183033.jpg

Hoisted a camera on a stick to see how many swallows eggs there are in the back porch nest.
20210630_173424.jpg

After everything cooled down - I tidied up the casting table.
20210630_153408.jpg

Then I sat down and browsed the forum.....

finished sewing the sleeve for my Mortimor Flinter. tried to stay cool. 104 in the shade here. unheard of.
20210630_084437.jpg20210630_205245.jpgold girl saw me put a long barreled gun in the sleeve. thought we were going grouse hunting. her days in the woods are over.
20210630_215058.jpg20210630_215203.jpgstill need to decorate it and put closure system on it. and stain the off side fringe to match.

So far, not a @#$%^@& thing other than widen my [buttocks] sitting at this computer. It's 12:10 PM and it's already 95º outside, soon to be at least 101º. Having said that, I just reminded myself I have things to do or I'll never hear the end of it. Fortunately, inside. 🥵

JamesA, you must be close to me. porch is 98 and my battery room is 90.

20210701_114909.jpg
finished (for now) the sleeve with a closure on the flap. too hot to do anything more. need to find a stain to do the buckskin fringes to match the suede side. Maybe i will dye the fringes a different color? old brain is shutting down with this heat.

So far a very calm day.
Had homemade biscuits and gravy with a side of my Kielbasa hot pepper for breakfast.
Made a skillet of American Ghoul for lunch with a cold Zieg on the side.
I was thinking about casting a batch of .452 - 200g SWC-BB to beef up my stock of "other" stuff.
(Sorry - I had to strike that because it is not kosher here.)
However - I have been contemplating loading a batch of these into an 1858 New Model cylinder to see if they would fly - and they are all lead!
They may be just short enough to clear the cone while rotating but would have to be loaded out of the gun.

I’m fed up with lock-down. I have authority to buy two ‘new’ revolvers but can’t get to go and get them ndd,, what's worse the ranges are all closed.

I have powder, charges made up and, I’m getting in top of my domestic duties - sort of.........

I went out to the fettling shed while my wife was at the gym and

View attachment 56233

The mug of tea is a most essential piece of kit.

Another 200 .457 balls for my Rugers and another 100 .577 for my lovely Enfield.

What did anyone else do (shooting related - today)

I know those in the US have some day to go yet but here the sun will be gone in an hour.
Us in the USA are wondering that the heck is a "fettling"shed?:)

My local gun shop has a Lyman GPR used for $199. Don't know the caliber but it's perc. Just don't see too many of them on a sale rack around my parts.

Waited on the AC repairman that didn't show. Luckily yesterday was 97 and a storm blew through and a cold front. Today was 78. While I was waiting for him I put together some range boxes and a great nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back