• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What a time to try this hobby.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelariz

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Pistols are cheap, powder is cheap, lead ball is cheap...
But the caps are like looking for the Holy grail.
What a gyp.
I guess ill just have a couple pieces of art for some wall display.
Maybe things will turn around but for now, obviously i picked the wrong time to get into this.

I am confused with the new way of things. At one point another company would have filled the void but i guess im just a dinosaur.

What a gyp.
Maybe things will turn around but for now, obviously i picked the wrong time to get into this.

I am confused with the new way of things. At one point another company would have filled the void but i guess im just a dinosaur.
Hopefully things will get better. If you've read many posts caps are out there online and in brick and mortar! Hang in there ! FJB !!!

What a gyp.

22 Reloader #10/#11 cap maker kit. Thank me later.

I'm still thinking about trying those red plastic cap rings made for toy cap guns. I don't see why they couldn't make the revolver go bang.
I saw a YouTube video of a guy using them to touch off a North American arms companion. He kept getting failure to fire with 3F powder but he did get it to go off when using a little fine black powder such as priming pan powder with just a pinch and then the 3F put on top of it.

A secondary primer

What a gyp.

If you don't already, look up "I love muzzleloading" on YouTube. Ethan is a great guy and he really works hard getting new information out to the community. He and his family have been in muzzleloading for a really long time. Recently uploaded a video discussing the release of a new batch of caps among other things.

Just finished mocking up my prototype.

Looks promising.

Now to find some of that green cannon fuse.

Attachments

• IMG_2916.JPG
    IMG_2916.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
What a gyp.

I'm heading that way next Saturday. I'll bring some #10's with me so you can make that girl sing

I'm still thinking about trying those red plastic cap rings made for toy cap guns. I don't see why they couldn't make the revolver go bang.
I tried those and did go pop but did not set off the powder charges. The Reloader 22 cap making die and Primeall work. They are very corrosive but do work. Caps are out there and beginning to be available. Natchez had the CCI 11 caps on sale for $109 for 1K with no hazmat fees. My order came in yesterday.

IMG_6213.jpeg

Last edited:
Back