• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unmentionables

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I am not confused at all. Go to "MLF Announcements & Forum Help" Click on "MLF Rules" - it is highlighted.
Read the rules, starting with #1 & reinforced with #7, just as I wrote.
Coot it seems like Zonie is making up his own rules or so it seems. If you go the the very bottom of this page there is a link for terms and rules. These vary greatly from what Zonie has mentioned. There are sections in this forum for flintlock, percussion and modern muzzleloaders.
Zonie is misleading because I'm pretty certain he is talking about the flintlock section of the forum.

Coot it seems like Zonie is making up his own rules or so it seems. If you go the the very bottom of this page there is a link for terms and rules. These vary greatly from what Zonie has mentioned. There are sections in this forum for flintlock, percussion and modern muzzleloaders.
Zonie is misleading because I'm pretty certain he is talking about the flintlock section of the forum.
There are not sections here for modern muzzleloaders. They are indeed not allowed on here, ANYWHERE, on this site. My screenshot shows where you can find the rules.

Screenshot_20230507-194646.jpg

There are not sections here for modern muzzleloaders. They are indeed not allowed on here, ANYWHERE, on this site. My screenshot shows where you can find the rules.
There very much is. It is titled General Muzzleloading. There are "Terms and Rules" at the bottom of this page. This is NOT a traditional specific forum. (General MuzzleloadingIf it's not specific to the other Firearm categories, post it here.)
Maybe if a moderator was watching this one could chime in on this.
The terms and rules differ a lot from MLF announcements and help.
You can't have 2 sets of rules. I can see and would agree with you both that in the flintlock and percussion forums only traditional guns should be spoken of. But in the general muzzleloading forum any muzzleloader can be a topic of discussion. Even the blasphemous Traditions Nitro Fire.

The Traditional Muzzleloading Forum rules were made by the former owner Claude & posted by Zonie, a moderator, many years ago. On this forum, there are no sub forums relating to in-lines, pellets, sabots or other "modern muzzleloaders". Claude who started this "traditional" forum, sold it to the current owners who I understand own several other forums, one of which does serve the "modern" folks. The rules that you have quoted appear to be an "umbrella" set of rules that apply to all of the current owners various forums. The rules which I have pointed out posted on this muzzleloading forum apply to this traditional muzzleloading forum and not just the flintlock sub forum.

Generally speaking I have enough to do shooting my ML on my lane at my target. I don't mind the odd inquiry from my neighbor. I don't mind the odd request for assistance.
But if it gets obnoxious I take names and details and it is new business at the next club meeting. Daddy always said if you don't start no sh*t there won't be no sh*t. Daddy lived in a more polite society.

Apparently Zonie is no longer with us. But in any case if this is a traditional only site then why is there a section called:

General Muzzleloading

If it's not specific to the other Firearm categories, post it here.? (i.e.: preflintlock, flintlock, percussion)
If its not preflintlock, flintlock or percussion then inlines can be discussed here.
I do wish a moderator would chime in here and clarify this. I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers.

I sure didn't mean for this to happen. Just wanted to know what "unmentionables" meant.
Its OK Mike. Its good to get stuff like this out in the open. It looks like there are 2 different set of rules. One at the bottom of the page under Terms and Rules and another in the MLF Announcements and Help section. I would like a simple clarification from a moderator or administrator.
This discussion has been going on on several different forums regarding traditional vs modern muzzleloaders. Let's face it - inlines are here to stay. I own several but I also own a bunch of flinters and caplocks of which I hunt with. The others are mostly for my own fun use on the range.

There very much is. It is titled General Muzzleloading. There are "Terms and Rules" at the bottom of this page. This is NOT a traditional specific forum. (General MuzzleloadingIf it's not specific to the other Firearm categories, post it here.)
Maybe if a moderator was watching this one could chime in on this.
The terms and rules differ a lot from MLF announcements and help.
You can't have 2 sets of rules. I can see and would agree with you both that in the flintlock and percussion forums only traditional guns should be spoken of. But in the general muzzleloading forum any muzzleloader can be a topic of discussion. Even the blasphemous Traditions Nitro Fire.
You are simply wrong. There is nothing in the Terms and Rules regarding inlines either way. It's just a standard User Agreement typical for any forum.

In the document I posted above, titled FORUM RULES, those rules cover the ENTIRE forum, and Rule 1 says TRADITIONAL, while Rule 7 says NO INLINES.

"General Muzzleloading" means just that. Got a question about patch material? Lube? What grade powder to use? Ask it there, as it is a GENERAL question. Look through the topic and you'll get a better idea.

If you need more evidence, do a site search for "inline." I'm sure you'll see posts where the moderators have said we don't discuss them here, at all.

Its OK Mike. Its good to get stuff like this out in the open. It looks like there are 2 different set of rules. One at the bottom of the page under Terms and Rules and another in the MLF Announcements and Help section. I would like a simple clarification from a moderator or administrator.
This discussion has been going on on several different forums regarding traditional vs modern muzzleloaders. Let's face it - inlines are here to stay. I own several but I also own a bunch of flinters and caplocks of which I hunt with. The others are mostly for my own fun use on the range.
HERE is recent thread, with a moderator offering the clarification you seek.

Someone
You are simply wrong. There is nothing in the Terms and Rules regarding inlines either way. It's just a standard User Agreement typical for any forum.

In the document I posted above, titled FORUM RULES, those rules cover the ENTIRE forum, and Rule 1 says TRADITIONAL, while Rule 7 says NO INLINES.

"General Muzzleloading" means just that. Got a question about patch material? Lube? What grade powder to use? Ask it there, as it is a GENERAL question. Look through the topic and you'll get a better idea.

If you need more evidence, do a site search for "inline." I'm sure you'll see posts where the moderators have said we don't discuss them here, at all.
Take a chill pill or something.

People are trying to have a simple discussion and you're wearing out your CAPS LOCK button.

Last edited:
I totally agree with @bronko220002

I don't care what anyone shoots either. Example:
I host a New Year's Day shoot annually in Indiana and flintlock, cap locks, CW guns, cartridge guns & even some I've never heard of shows up for this shoot. We try out each other's guns and talk shop with laughter and smiles on everyone's faces all day long.

That type of fun is what the hobby is all about.
Which is why the club shoots I run are called Black Powder.
The rule is; the gun must have been designed during the black powder era, and specifically to use only black powder. Substitute powder may be used with the permission of the RO
Only naked, or patched, cloth or paper, lead projectiles may be used.

The substitution of alternative powder is a temporary measure because of a severe shortage of black powder on the market down here.

Me? I'm a muzzle loader man.

Last edited:
I give up. I'm trying to explain that the General Muzzleloading section would be the place to talk about inline muzzleloaders because that is what it is saying when it says not specific to other firearms categories. It can't be any plainer than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back