• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions crockett kit arrived

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That turned out well. Seems as if there wasn't many issues with the build. Especially like the carving. I am happy for you.

I have read, and seen videos, of all sort of problems people had with the Crockett kit rifles. Most of it was due to the stock not being correct. Some had to actually fill in gaps with pieces of wood. I was actually looking into purchasing a Crockett kit rifle but found a replacement stock would be at least a one year wait. Still haven't written off getting one but I'm waiting to hear from more folks after they have gotten Crockett kits to build up.

I will add that my factory made Crockett rifle gives me more enjoyment than all the other ML's I have owned combined. At a whole whopping 20 grains of 3F and the small .310 RB, it is very economical. The recoil is next to nothing and the noise level is very low. Also, no short starter is required to get the ball started with my Crockett rifle, not even with .015 ticking.

I absolutely love hunting with my Crockett Squirrel rifle. Indeed, much of it has to do with squirrel hunting in general. However, the Crockett rifle is simply a pleasure to use as a squirrel tool. Its a real test of ones patience, hunting skills and marksmanship. Also, there's simply something very special about sending that small .310 RB up into the trees to shoot a squirrel.

Please post up after you have put your Crockett rifle through its paces.

Last edited:
That turned out well. Seems as if there wasn't many issues with the build. Especially like the carving. I am happy for you.

I have read, and seen videos, of all sort of problems people had with the Crockett kit rifles. Most of it was due to the stock not being correct. Some had to actually fill in gaps with pieces of wood. I was actually looking into purchasing a Crockett kit rifle but found a replacement stock would be at least a one year wait. Still haven't written off getting one but I'm waiting to hear from more folks after they have gotten Crockett kits to build up.

I will add that my factory made Crockett rifle gives me more enjoyment than all the other ML's I have owned combined. At a whole whopping 20 grains of 3F and the small .310 RB, it is very economical. The recoil is next to nothing and the noise level is very low. Also, no short starter is required to get the ball started with my Crockett rifle, not even with .015 ticking.

I absolutely love hunting with my Crockett Squirrel rifle. Indeed, much of it has to do with squirrel hunting in general. However, the Crockett rifle is simply a pleasure to use as a squirrel tool. Its a real test of ones patience, hunting skills and marksmanship. Also, there's simply something very special about sending that small .310 RB up into the trees to shoot a squirrel.

Please post up after you have put your Crockett rifle through its paces.
I really only had 2 issues with fitment. One, the lock area need just a little removed. I scrapped it a little and it fit well. Two, the trigger guard was to long to fit in to where they had cut. I made the trigger guard fit the hole.

I really want one of these rifles but can't get one in Canada. I'm checking to see if I can get one shipped to a Montana shipping outlet and drive down and get it. I'm also checking with our Border Services to see if it's an issue.

I like those little kits, especially in a 36. I’m unsure about the carving, but it’s growing on me. If I ever get the extra cash, I’ll do one of those kits with a seriously dark stain..
I was unsure myself for the longest time but absolutely love it now. The sloppiness/ roughness of my carving seems to work with this gun. It definitely not for everyone but I do have the only one. The only thing I do wish is I would have used a darker stain.

I really want one of these rifles but can't get one in Canada. I'm checking to see if I can get one shipped to a Montana shipping outlet and drive down and get it. I'm also checking with our Border Services to see if it's an issue.
I don't know if this is possible have a friend in the states buy it for you then send it to you. Not sure if that would be breaking any straw purchase laws though. May want to check before doing it. It would be a straw purchase but it's a muzzleloader and not sure if they are under that law.

Back