• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some Eye Candy : Cimarron 1860 "McCulloch Colt" Anyone Else?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaxspore

32 Cal
Reaction score
Curious if anyone else has one. This one is from my collection that I have held on to. In my opinon they do a great job aging these.

Enjoy the pictures and feel free to comment.

1705607589892.png

1705607616406.png

1705607629996.png

I don’t own one of those, but in my opinion, the Colt M1860 (with or without the fluted cylinder) was the pinnacle of blackpowder revolver design. They are just elegant, and mechanically and ergonomically, this revolver incorporates all of the best features.

Cimarron did a good job with the finish on that one, also. That’s a nice looking piece.

Finally, I would like to commend @Spaxspore on his photography. Excellent choice of background, and the Lewis & Clark pattern knife and the “Cav” hat are great props. The focus, light, and shadow management is about as good as you’ll see.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

I don’t own one of those, but in my opinion, the Colt M1860 (with or without the fluted cylinder) was the pinnacle of blackpowder revolver design. They are just elegant, and mechanically and ergonomically, this revolver incorporates all of the best features.

Cimarron did a good job with the finish on that one, also. That’s a nice looking piece.

Finally, I would like to commend @Spaxspore on his photography. Excellent choice of background, and the Lewis & Clark pattern knife and the “Cav” hat are great props. The focus, light, and shadow management is about as good as you’ll see.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Thank you for the kind words Bob. For me 1851 is the best overall looking open top, 1860 is a extremely close second.

In regards to the photograph, that piece of maple served me for about 4 years before it started to rot away and went into the fire place. But boy did the grain help with the photos.

Goonerized: I’m not the best at splaing things but in a nut shell he corrects the arbor length if needed (mine was surprisingly correct), changed over to coil springs, added cap fences and cut the hammer face to allow for that, fire blued the screws, packed the internals with grease and added a debris shied behind the hammer.
Check out his website for more details and other available options. Goons Gun Works
I’ve had zero cap jams.

Yes if you have experience with antiquing and you know what you are doing. I should also say i bought this prior to the pricing jump. Ie sub 500 shipped in 2015.

Here's a non antiqued one that was in the shop not too long ago.

20230814_153936.jpg

20230814_153952.jpg

The thing to look for on these is the cyl locking notch being right at the flute. Sometimes the tall side of the notch is shorter than the short side of the notch!!

Mike

Last edited:
Back