• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some Eye Candy : Cimarron 1860 "McCulloch Colt" Anyone Else?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the fluted cylinder 1860s are the loveliest of the lot, even if they were most likely to fail in use at the time.
Have a 1860s reproduction with the full fluted cylinder. If a gun can be called 'sexy' or perhaps sinuous, this can. Don't know how rare these reproductions are but told someone I had one. Was told it wasn't possible because no one makes a reproduction.

I hooked him up :) Anyone else wants to source hit me up. I just not sure of the rules posting a sites that are not sponsors.

Full Disclaimer - I am not associated with the company in any way just spreading the good news in terms of pricing.

I did order yesterday a nickle Cimarron Engraved 4.75 .357 from them and they shipped in less than 24hrs and were 200-300 less than other sites.

Uberti does a really good job with their antique finish. I have several of them but they're all cartridge guns. Here's a Pietta I antiqued and I can tell you it's a lot easier to buy the factory aged gun.

005b_3.jpg

I have two Fluted Cylinder Colts. One is an Uberti and the other is a Centennial Belgian made version. Unfortunately, Uberti makes theirs with a standard 8 inch barrel. For the most part, original early fluted M1860s had a 7.5 inch barrel. Centennial produced theirs correctly with the 7.5 inch barrel. Here is my Centennial Fluted Model 1860.
IMG_3334.jpeg

Those old colts when new were state of the art pistols. old Sam had a great idea and put it into action. It is still today one of the most graceful pistols ever built!
I just wonder, if those black plastic 9mm's will ever have anything, that remotely complementary, said about them??????

I believe the fluted cylinder 1860s are the loveliest of the lot, even if they were most likely to fail in use at the time.
I agree on the fluted cylinder 1860. I had one imported by Western Arms I wish I still owned along with a Squareback 1851, also Western Arms. Both by Uberti. Big mistake trading them off. 😢

I have to admit, the eye candy shown here is pretty nice. Thanks for sharing and the memories, as painful as they are.

I have two Fluted Cylinder Colts. One is an Uberti and the other is a Centennial Belgian made version. Unfortunately, Uberti makes theirs with a standard 8 inch barrel. For the most part, original early fluted M1860s had a 7.5 inch barrel. Centennial produced theirs correctly with the 7.5 inch barrel. Here is my Centennial Fluted Model 1860.View attachment 288166
Beautiful Centennial. Only one of those I have seen for sale had a shoulder stock with it.

Last edited:
Those old colts when new were state of the art pistols. old Sam had a great idea and put it into action. It is still today one of the most graceful pistols ever built!
Wondering if they held up to parrying saber cuts (from what I gather, a SERIOUS WBTS secondary usage) as well as the solid-frame Remingtons?

Last edited:
The fluted cylinder 1860 Army is by far, THE most graceful and beautiful Colt percussion revolver in my humble opinion. I gifted my youngest Son my mid 90's Uberti, with an included shoulder stock for his 30th birthday this past September. The lovely Mrs. Bulls' Eye, sensing my loss, gifted me this new Uberti for Christmas last year.... Such a kind and caring Wife, absolutely stirs one's soul!

20240124_201334.jpg

Last edited:
I agree on the fluted cylinder 1860. I had one imported by Western Arms I wish I still owned along with a Squareback 1851, also Western Arms. Both by Uberti. Big mistake trading them off. 😢

I have to admit, the eye candy shown here is pretty nice. Thanks for sharing and the memories, as painful as they are.
You don't see many Western Arms revolvers for sale.

The fluted cylinder 1860 Army is THE most graceful and beautiful Colt percussion revolver, by far in my humble opinion. I gifted my youngest Son my 90's Uberti, with an included shoulder stock for his 30th birthday this last September. The lovely Mrs. Bulls' Eye, sensing my loss, gifted me this new Uberti for Christmas last year.... Such a kind and caring Wife, absolutely stirs one's soul!

View attachment 288222
You truly have a gem of a wife.....I find your flap holster to be exactly like I have been looking for for a 1851 Navy, I have acquired. I may have to copy it for my pleasure! Thanks for sharing!

You don't see many Western Arms revolvers for sale.
You're no going to believe this. However my wife did, she knows my gun buying habits.

I checked out the Midwayusa Uberti 1860 fluted that's on sale and thought, "why not". Then I got to thinking I might have bought one at Gunbroker a few years ago, better check first. Sure enough I had one tucked away and it's a Western Arms gun exactly like the model I traded off back in 1983. It has a silver plated trigger guard. Apparently I already cured my loneliness for one.

I'm inspired now to look for a replacement for the 1851 Squareback I traded off.

I guess it's time to get back to shooting my cap and ball revolvers.

Back