• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some Eye Candy : Cimarron 1860 "McCulloch Colt" Anyone Else?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fluted cylinder 1860 Army is by far, THE most graceful and beautiful Colt percussion revolver in my humble opinion. I gifted my youngest Son my mid 90's Uberti, with an included shoulder stock for his 30th birthday this past September. The lovely Mrs. Bulls' Eye, sensing my loss, gifted me this new Uberti for Christmas last year.... Such a kind and caring Wife, absolutely stirs one's soul!

View attachment 288222
Where did you get that holster! I NEED one!

You're no going to believe this. However my wife did, she knows my gun buying habits.

I checked out the Midwayusa Uberti 1860 fluted that's on sale and thought, "why not". Then I got to thinking I might have bought one at Gunbroker a few years ago, better check first. Sure enough I had one tucked away and it's a Western Arms gun exactly like the model I traded off back in 1983. It has a silver plated trigger guard. Apparently I already cured my loneliness for one.

I'm inspired now to look for a replacement for the 1851 Squareback I traded off.

I guess it's time to get back to shooting my cap and ball revolvers.
I have a Western Arms 1851 but it is not a square back.

I just wonder, if those black plastic 9mm's will ever have anything, that remotely complementary, said about them??????
"They are reliable!"

"They function properly straight from the factory."

"17 rounds!!!!!"

"Pretty is, as pretty does!" :)

"Wuddayuh mean, 'No soap and water bath after shootin'???"

Last edited:
I have a Western Arms 1851 but it is not a square back.
Thanks, I've got a Pietta. If I happen across a squareback I might bite. I spent a couple hours this morning going over my cap & ball revolvers, wiping them down with Barricade and I think I have enough to last me, even if I live to be 150 years old. 😃

"They are reliable!"

"They function properly straight from the factory."

"17 rounds!!!!!"

"Pretty is, as pretty does!" :)

"Wuddayuh mean, 'No soap and water bath after shootin'???"
Col. Cooper once related a news article after a German policewoman was involved in a shooting with an armed robber. In the article her police chief noted that she had fired all 17 rounds from the Austrian wunderpistole and that previously, “she’d have had to reload twice in order to accomplish this feat.” Col. Cooper noted that even experts sometimes forget that the point of shooting is hitting.

Col. Cooper once related a news article after a German policewoman was involved in a shooting with an armed robber. In the article her police chief noted that she had fired all 17 rounds from the Austrian wunderpistole and that previously, “she’d have had to reload twice in order to accomplish this feat.” Col. Cooper noted that even experts sometimes forget that the point of shooting is hitting.
Yeah, having never been in a fight where hot lead was whizzing by my ears I can't help but wonder if my shooting skills of a life time of target shooting might desert me in my time of need !
I have a good friend that has three purple hearts and still carries shrapnel from Vietnam in him, tell me that it's just "different" (my words not his) when the air is full of traces "really" close by and your on your belly and chin trying to get even lower in the dirt.

Yeah, having never been in a fight where hot lead was whizzing by my ears I can't help but wonder if my shooting skills of a life time of target shooting might desert me in my time of need !
I have a good friend that has three purple hearts and still carries shrapnel from Vietnam in him, tell me that it's just "different" (my words not his) when the air is full of traces "really" close by and your on your belly and chin trying to get even lower in the dirt.
yes. Different at first, then you begin to remember the fundamentals. Some guys don’t seem to, we wasted a metric ton of ammunition over there.
The best and worst thing about tracers is that they indicate in both directions.

Thank you, Captain...

!CownloPad.jpg

Getting done what is obvious, is the question, when your scared out of your mind and is the BIG unknown here ! One never really knows for sure how they will respond until the proverbial schnitt hits the fan where they live ! Some folks can think and move under great stress and others freeze up. Training helps mitigate this but is no guarantee.

Getting done what is obvious, is the question, when your scared out of your mind and is the BIG unknown here ! One never really knows for sure how they will respond until the proverbial schnitt hits the fan where they live ! Some folks can think and move under great stress and others freeze up. Training helps mitigate this but is no guarantee.
It’s obvious from the outside but no one knows until they know. Even then, guys are heroes one day and crapping and crying the next.

It’s obvious from the outside but no one knows until they know. Even then, guys are heroes one day and crapping and crying the next.
I would guess that carpet bombing, artillery or mortar fire the most frightening and nerve wrecking experiences that can be endured and survived by troops in the field and is accumulative to every one. Apparently being shot at is not as terrifying as one usually has some factor of control still available.

The cap and balls are a ton of fun.
Indeed! And useful, and beautiful, and interesting…

You're no going to believe this. However my wife did, she knows my gun buying habits.

I checked out the Midwayusa Uberti 1860 fluted that's on sale and thought, "why not". Then I got to thinking I might have bought one at Gunbroker a few years ago, better check first. Sure enough I had one tucked away and it's a Western Arms gun exactly like the model I traded off back in 1983. It has a silver plated trigger guard. Apparently I already cured my loneliness for one.

I'm inspired now to look for a replacement for the 1851 Squareback I traded off.

I guess it's time to get back to shooting my cap and ball revolvers.

How many of us can relate to this situation. “Oops! Forgot about that one!”

Latest posts

Back