• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Small Day Horn with Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroncaTAL

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Here's a small day horn that I worked up recently. It's a pretty simple horn and is intended to be a prize. I'd like to direct your attention to the wolf engraved on it. This is my daughter's handiwork. I wasn't going to scrim anything on the horn, but she asked me if she could put something on it. She is becoming quite the accomplished artist and specializes in wildlife. This is the first scrimshaw that she has done. In the past, I've put some of her drawings on my horns before, but have always done the scrimshaw myself. This time she did it all, drawing the wolf on the horn then using my engraving tools to scrim it in.

P8100597.jpg

Scott

Beautiful! Both you and your daughter do very nice work. Whoever wins this horn will be a proud owner. Thank you both for sharing.

:hatsoff: that's great! the girl has talent! :thumbsup:

too bad the shoot is so far away! :haha:

That's great; both horn and scrimshaw........... :hmm: prize you say? I'm betting that'll be the first prize picked off the table when the time comes :hatsoff:
Soggy

Nice horn Scott and your daughter did a great job. If you didn't live a billion miles and 3 time zones away, then my wife and your daughter could get together and do some serious drawing... :wink:

Danny :hatsoff:

Move over Dad,,,,,,,

It is a good thing you picked up a couple of ribbons at Dixon's this year cause it looks like somebody else is going to give you a run for your money. I'm sure you wouldn't mind.

All the best
Pat

Hey there Pat! No, I do not mind at all. Anything I can do to encourage my daughter's artwork...
Scott

Back