• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show me your deer rifles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GunBuilds001.jpg
pg[/IMG]
Not too pretty, but I think there is one in this mess somewhere...I hope :idunno: :idunno:
Shreck

I've been out of circulation for a while now, but i'm back and any chance i get to show off my smoke pole i'll take it.

My Early Lancaster .50 cal & look at that ball placement :thumbsup:.
HPIM1023_edited.jpg

DSC00039_edited.jpg

HPIM0726_edited-1.jpg

HPIM0728.jpg

DSCF0057_edited.jpg

DSCF0058_edited.jpg

That's a nice one for sure...and no better setting than the pretty fall woods
:thumbsup:

DSC03378.jpg

it's a .54 cal "smooth"rifle....but the deer didn't know the difference.

I remember that photo...great Flintlock and deer !
:hatsoff:
I have come to love smoothbores...luckily, all my hunting is in heavy woods where the average shot is in 40-50 yards and as you know, you give up nothing with a smoothbore at distances like that...and their versatility is just outstanding.

This is the first deer I harvested with a muzzleloader. It's a 6x4 10 Pointer has a split brow tine and 11-1/2" G2s It grossed 131 4/8". It was a true dream hunt in a snow storm. The Rifle I built from a kit my parents had given my me for Christmas a few years earlier It's a Thompson center 50cal. Renegade. All this happened 23 years ago, but I can remember it all like It happen today.
MyfirstMuzzleloaderBuck002.jpg

Heres my new deer rifle I scratch built Last year A copy of A. Verners bucks co.in 45 cal.
100_1574.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
NJ longbeard that is one more beautiful deer, great story behind it also. your new gun pic is nice as well.

Well, here's one of them.
IM000675.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

That's three points more than the first deer I got with it, but we're still trying. :grin:
Robby

Technicaly it is not a rifle but a .58 bore French Fusil from Tulle, a Fusil De Chase Ordinare, which shoots a .562/.550 ball with patch or wadding as desired and technicaly this is not much of a Deer but a toe head spike I took a couple of miles behind a locked gate and packed out over my shoulders....was kind of glad it was a small one by the time I got to the gate.
PB140199.jpg

Back in the day, if I could load a deer on my pack frame and stand up with it, I could walk out with it-as long as the terrain wasn't too tough.

Here's "Lady's Scorn". She's a .58 Flintlock with a straight 36" octagon barrel. Unfortunately, I don't have a deer pic to go with her, yet. :cursing:

DSCN6489.jpg

nice .58 Ryan. It won't be long now and you'll have an other chance at getting a deer for pictures with that beauty. Good luck this season!

Probably not the typical Deer "dressing" out, I like a scarve or other garment over the torso when packing a Deer out on my back to help avoid Ticks and this does buy some time, and is faster than making a Travois which I always carry a hatchet and cordage to make, all the blood stained clothes are great conversation pieces as well and over testimony that one actually does someything other than punch holes in paper of plink at steel targest, which are both a lot of fun as well, no flame or big head intended here at all I love a good trail walk with old and new friends particularly new youngters, I recall one fday a friends son shot the trai with us for the first time and halfway they the trail was our tiebreaker and why I will never know, I shot his score card, I was speechless while ttrying to come up with something better than "Duh" when he asked if he was supposed to shoot mine and that I would have to tell him which one it was because he had not been paying real close attention like I had, which was obvious as I knew which card was his....by then all in our group cracked up and I came clean and we had a good laugh at my expense.

I think that work bench looks like a place full of promise, rather than a mess! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back