• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bored out pedersoli?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to hunt deer in Pa with a TC Pa Hunter when I was younger. 25 years later and I've caught the black powder bug. I recently picked up a used 12 gauge flintlock and a Pedersoli Pa long rifle in 50 caliber. I've come to see that there isn't a lot of love for this brand. Honestly, if I could do it again I'd of saved some pennies and got something else. My question is could I have that rifle bored out to a larger caliber, with rifling? Preferably a 58, or a 54. Any options would be appreciated.
Thanks
Not all dislike the Pedersoli. I own a flintlock pistol by them. Got it at a very good deal. Works fine with no complaints.

Because of the size of the barrel?
Yes. The wall thickness on a 7/8 across the flats barrel is too thin counting the depth of the sight and under lug dovetails. Hoyt won’t do it. He is erring on the side of safety and ligitigation.
Interesting enough, Pedersoli did offer the Frontier in a .54 and a slow twist for a while, rare as hen’s teeth.
My .50 was very accurate.

I do appreciate all the replies. I will be spending my time on the range to become more proficient at offhand shooting.
Takes allot to shoot 100 yards like that to be honest. Practice shooting positions kneeling, sitting etc.

If I was shooting past 50 yards I'd want a rest... even a kneeling positing if I could is more accurate.

I'm OK at off hand. I can make the shot yea but I never have on a deer yet.. always rested.. kneeling... sitting etc.

Now getting into a good shooting position on a deer can be tricky.. sitting down being comfy and not moving or making noise was one thing... now you have to move some with a deer present.. you don't want to be over turning your body to get the gun on a deer that's on your bad side etc...

Back